G3 Link Plus for Subaru EZ30R

Jason Gardner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can have the go signal, as we will be runnning that engine in the very near future.  There are heaps of important points about wiring, most of them are described in the manual.  dont take anything forgranted while wiring ... eg just because a wire goes to ground doesn't mean that it is suitable to use as a ground wire etc...

Wow, this very good news. I just found out about this and have a few questions. I am in Florida and am building a Time Attack Subaru and am very intrested in running the EZ30R. What all needs to be purchased to get the Link up and running, is there a base map that can be provided, is there some one there that is availiable to contact via email. I have more questions, Thanks and keep up the great work. Josh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jason how is the conversion going  is it in and wired up yet

if you are desperatly needing it then i am sure ashley could organize you some firmware when he gets back from holiday

in case you are after more power we will have new custom camshafts available for the ez30r soon  

Regards

Dave

[email protected]

Hi David. Not completely done wiring but almost there. Main concern is getting a cable throttle body. I was planning on reverse engineering the electric one, but when i started probing and researching it would need a microcontroller that sends it a PWM signal while constantly sending angle position status, plus taking the drivers input in on top of that. So I ditched that idea. I think I heard of using a commodore throttle body on the white wagon build? We dont have those here in the U.S. for me to rip one off of. Since you're in the NZ you could send one my way... ]: ) I think I may just end up using a 70mm one for a honda and making an adapter pipe with a flange on each end. The honda Throttle bodies seem to have the same cable type. I'd be really interested in some cams, I'd like to see some numbers on those once you have them!

The standard throttle body is E-wire and does the role of idle control as well this needs a seperate E-throttle pedal and all apropriate sensors  the easy option was using another throttle body with a built in idle contro motor that had a large enough throttle plate that at least matched the factory one

I will send you a personal email regarding the throttle body

Regards

Dave

[email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...