What link ecu is this. Sensor help.

Daniel Thomas

I have received this 2nd hand, and told it was a link gen1 ecu. I have nothing but the ecu, no manuals, computer cables, software etc. It has supposed to have came out of a gen2 3sgte. Im going to be installing it into my sw20 mr2 gen2 3sgte engine. Listed inside the smaller box is "G7274" and inside the other one, theres two chips, listed as "D423SGTE" and "SUBTOY24". So what version ecu do i have? Also as far as i know, this removes the AFM and i then plug the vacuum line into the manifold somewhere as this is a MAP sensor. Afaik, it also reads the TPS. Now ive been told that an optional intake air temp(IAT) sensor is rather essential too. Is this true? If so, where/how does the IAT plug/wire in? This has came out of a running car apparently the same as mine. I connected up the ecu, plug in vacuum line, disconnected the afm. engine cranks, but shows no sign of starting. I will be getting this professionally dyno tuned, but i was hoping to get it installed and running myself before takin it to the shop. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, dan

This is most likely a V1 LEM.  The software is a special version geared to suit the adapter box that plugs it into the factory loom.  There is no where on an ECU that old to wire an IAT sensor to.  You will need to get hold of some diagnostic equipment if you want to get it running.  You would be better to take the car to the tuner to get it running as you will spend more buying gear to get it going than they will probably charge...

Well, it is probably over ten years old.  It lacks the ability to do barometric pressure correction, intake temperature correction and closed loop lambda control.  You will probably get good power, but it is the variation from day to day, poor idle control and poor economy that you will suffer.