Link G4 display using iPhone or Andriod phone?

Mike Cullingford

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys,

It would be good to see this happen as then the G4 could output the information.

A plug for our new G4+ ECUs: they have an OBD2 port upgrade option, you can then connect a OBD2 to wifi or bluetooth adapter and have live data coming out to your phone or tablet.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Apologies for the slow replies, I missed seeing your questions.

Dimitris - Yes, the OBD connects to the G4+ CAN bus and the OBD functionality is an optional upgrade, you would need to contact your closest Link dealer for pricing.

John - For android 'Torque Pro' seems to have good reviews and they even have a free lite version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque I believe 'Rev' is popular for the iphone.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Paul, the G4+ ECUs are capable of transmitting OBD2 data over a CAN bus, so with some wiring, and an OBD2 to wifi/blue-tooth device (PLX devices is one manufacturer) you can send the data out to your phone or tablet. You will then need an OBD2 app to view the data.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, Adamw said:

A Fury is a G4+, so yes it has ODB2 output.

That is awesome, 

Do you mind provide some guides here or a link back to LINK website that show what's required or need to be done?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Khoa said:

That is awesome, 

Do you mind provide some guides here or a link back to LINK website that show what's required or need to be done?

Thanks

Open up the help file in PC Link and go to the index, look up "OBD" and "OBD-II Wiring".  Those two pages should be all you need to do from an ECU perspective.  For the other end you will need a third-party bluetooth or wifi OBD2 adapter depending on whether you are using android or iOS and a third-party OBD2 dashboard app.

There are many choices but you can web search "PLX Kiwi" as an example adapter

• 1 month later...

I wonder now, which is correct statement : G4 xtreme ecu can or can`t have OBD 2 connections or not? Helpdesk told me, that it is possible for most of adapters (ELM327 etc.). 

But from this topic it seems that its more like G4+ option via onboard connector ?

obdcon.jpg