Supra TT: Vipec issues

Guest |306|

Guest |306|

I have a 97 Supra TT USDM. Whenever I plug in the Vipec, the main efi relay buzzes. I have received the new pnp unit, yet it continues to buzz. I have spoken to another Supra member and this was his response.

"Hey mate

The standalone that im running is a ViPec V88 with an adapter harness so that i could plug it straight into the factory wiring harness.

It turned out that there was a transistor in that adapter harness that was too small and when that over heated it sent pulses through the wires and thats what caused the buzzing sound with the EFI Main fuse.

All i did was swap out that transistor and put in a bigger one. I dont know which transistor it was thou as it ws my mechanic who fixed it for me.

I hope this helps you out."

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? My tune is less than 48 hours away, and it looks like it is gonna be impossible to meet it because of all my hardware issues. I don't know what is wrong. I have also tried plugging it into my laptop and it cannot find the ecu even though drivers have been installed correctly. I will try the old pnp adapter and see if I can at least see it on the computer.

I know my wiring is fine because I have driven the car 300 miles on stock ecu and maf to break in my clutch. I really don't have any other ideas what to do. Help is appreciated. Thanks

Jeremy

Guest |306|

Also, it looks like my Vipec ecu can only link to my pc once. After I try to open a map, it doesn't let me load it into the ecu. it says "serial port not activated. go to options-> communications" There is no "Options-> Communications" section. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeremy

After I try to open a map, it doesn't let me load it into the ecu. it says "serial port not activated. go to options-> communications" There is no "Options-> Communications" section. Can anyone help?

The map you are trying to load in the ECU has the ECU Memory Logger enabled. Disable the logger in the map while off line and then save the map. You will then be able to load the map into the ECU. This will be fixed in the new software that is close to being released.

I have a 97 Supra TT USDM. Whenever I plug in the Vipec, the main efi relay buzzes. I have received the new pnp unit, yet it continues to buzz.

I am talking to John Reed about this problem at the moment. I have given him a quick fix so you can tune your engine, while I get you a replacement.

Ray.

Guest |306|

Ray,

I received the various solutions from John Reed. I am not the most proficient with printed circuit boards, so I am a little afraid to damage the transistor area. If I do find the right transistor, how do I remove the old and then attach the new one? What about the option of removing and joining the ecu harness, would that lose a few more functions? Worse come to worse, I'll just solder the wires.

Thanks,

Jeremy

EDIT: How does this "This fix will mean you loose the ECU hold power function." affect my tuning?

Thanks

Jeremy,

The changing of the transistor is for John Reed to do, not yourself. John has replied that he is going to change it.

ECU Hold Power is used to keep power going to the ECU after you turn the ignition off, so the stepper idle valve has time to close. Without this, the car can be harder to start some times.

Why are you trying to load a map in the ECU. It comes with a good base map. Any map you load from your hard drive must have the logging turned off. With it off, you will not get the communication error you reported. If you are still getting the error, then the logging must still be on. Send me the map you are tying to load so I can look at it. I would strongly advise that you do not load some other map into your ECU as the settings may be wrong.

This is my email address to send the map. [email protected] Also if you have any other concerns you can put them in the email.

Ray.