You got a more accurat AIT correction table..

Steve1436215419

Hi dave.

Map attached.

The sensor is one i got with my AEM ecu when i ran that POS.. So i guess i can say its a AEM unit. Probably made by bosch or some other vendor though. What do i know... The calibration is copied from my AEM map. Should be correct.

Its installed in the pipe just before the throttlebody. The pipe is made of rubber.

My issuses is that It was tuned on cooler days than we have right now. And it had flawless AFRs then. Now when its hotter its richer. Its setup running closed loop WB right now. Looked at hte fuel runtime values the other day and i could see my AIT map retracted maybe 2 present fuel. The CLWB however drew about 12 percent from the map. So its clearly not doing very good.

Also i dont really understand the values in the 'stock' AIT map. The rule of thumb says that pr 10 degree celcius there should be about 3 percent change in fueling. (well this would dictate a linear map and the real world is not like that. Should really be a parabolic curve. But its a rule of thumb.) The Stock AIT map is not even close to this rule. I actually tried a map looking as how i belive it should look like, but that did not work right. So i dont know what kind of algorithms this ecu runs.

Steve

if the air temp was only pulling 2 percent fuel out then that is i only about 35 degree celcius air temp after your intercooler thats not bad and not what i would class as hot

i would double check your air temp calibration   instead of using a custom curve try selecting the delphi ac type

also you are not using any baro correction in the fuel map this will have a big effect on tune consistancy 

as well as your fuel temp compensations  have you tried tuning it with this feature turned off first

has the vehicle been run on a dyno?

oh you also have transient retard pulling timing out at low rpm? and not under higher rpm where it is normally used.  is there some issue you where having

can you send a data log of the vehicle running through the load sites?

Regards

Dave

[email protected]

Thanks Dave.

No its not particulary hot, maybe 15 degrees hotter than when i tuned those cells. Cant remember really. Had another look at the numbers and its not as bad as it might have looked. Regardless, if you got a map that IS 'better' than the one i got i would love to have it. Of course i could make it myself. Just takes so much more time..

I have not tried to tune with AIT comp off. Doesnt sound like a very good idea either.

Also tried to change to Delphi today. It just seemed to adjust it 2 degrees higher. No big difference in other words.

Thanks for the heads up on  the trans retard :P  I just turned it on at one time with the intention of tuning it when i got around to it. And then forgot as it seemed i did not need it. I zeroed it out at the low cells now and retarded my idle timing 6 degrees. Thats where i want it.

About Baro correction.

I had the impression that it was always on and running in the background? If no, why not?? There is a place where you select 'normal' or 'marine' sensor. I assumed that was it. I also assume that 100 kpa, or 95 kpa baro is the same in australia as here in europe so there should be ONE correct baro comp map. Yes?

If its not on then how do you turn it on? Dont see anything in the software? Do i need to use one of the 'D' maps (4D/5D)? If this is the case then boy do i have a feature request for you guys!

If i indeed DO need to use one of my precious D-maps for this (may i state again how that would suck, and how unnessesary it think this would be?) would you do me the honour and send me a copy of one? I have no idea how it should look like.

I have not had the car on a dyno since i swapped to the Link ecu.

What kind of data would you like to see on a log?

Steve

Baro correction is only active if you have MGP as your fuel load axis  this is the normal default fuel axis a warning would of/should of come up when you set the fuel map axis as MAP that no baro correction would happen with this selection.

AIT??? i was talking about turning the fuel temp off  as you have both an inlet air temp (IAT) and fuel temp set up as corrections,   if you are using the fuel temp  where is the sensor mounted and how have you come up with that  correction map?

unless you have a marine spec ecu then you will use the default 'normal' baro sensor and it should show around 100kpa at sea level depending on weather conditions and the map sensor should show the same  if not the sensor needs calibrating this is done by the options heading at the top of the screen same tab as tps calibration   this is a crutial step in getting an accurate tune when used with MGP as the fuel load axis.

with the air temp calibration it might have been  more than 2degrees out at different temps as the curve is not linear.

tell me more about your setup i see that it has nissan triggering.  what engine is it and what has been done to it  what injectors and has the injector deadtimes been checked?

Regards

Dave

[email protected]

Ah. Shait. I missread it. Guess i was hung up at the AIT sensor. No the car was not tuned with fueltemp correction enabled. This is something i turned on later. The sensor sits in its stock location on the fuelrail itself. The numbers put in is just another rule of thumb of mine.

So today i turned all my load axis`s to MGP. Still not able to see any Baro correction factor in the runtime values. Should i be able to?  What is the logic behind it being enabled in MGP 'mode' and not in MAP?

Should i also alter my Fuel equation setting? its at MAP now. Does it need to be set at BAP/MAP Xover? Dont belive i should, but doesnt hurt to ask..

The engine...

VG30DETT. Nissan 300zx (z32)

Fully built bottom end. Heads ported with 1mm oversize valves. Bigger cams. Bigger Manifolds, exhaust and intercoolers. Turbos BASED on the disco potato (The kit is sold as GT675RS in the Z32 world). Injectors are Nismo 740cc`s (sidefeed). The lag values i got from two different places.  Well thats the ruff summary of the engine.