g3 on a 4g63t

Warwick Knox

Hi guys I have just installed a g3 into my project car but am having trouble getting it running I am using a base map for a vr4 but the engine is out of a turbo rvr and I think it may produce an inverted signal from the cam trigger I have attached scope patterns from the rvr and one from my vr4 could you please tell me if the computer will be able to run this set up and what I should set the triggers to. I have also put the crank to trigger one and the cam to trigger two.

post-4088-143621567308_thumb.jpg

HI Again so I have managed to get the engine to start and run on this but have noticed that at idle the rpm reading on the pc link programme is jumping from about 900rpm to 4000rpm very quickly and as soon as you raise the engine speed slightly it comes up with an over speed warning on the pc. Im guessing the rpm for the link is measured off the cam sensor is this correct? and if that's the case do I need to change my trigger setting to suit this sensor?

Thanks in advance for your help

RPM reading is mostly off the crank signal. (Trigger 1)

It could be an indicator of trigger issues from another area. 

Such as electrical noise, Checking the coils leads and plugs ok and the plugs are resistive.