GTS Link Tuning

Michael Wilson

I have a gts link in my R33, i put it in and did a RELOAD. Calibrated the TPS, Set up base timing. car starts set up idle. The car runs like absolute crap masive flat spot before boost at around 2500-3500 RPM do these have a base map for r33 or does it have to be tuned from scratch? i tried to get the cam timing solonoid to turn on at 1100RPM and off at 5000RPM when i do this it stalls when returning to idle. if i change it back to the default 3000rpm its fine. how can i get around this issue? I will be tuning this with a wideband o2 controller/sensor on the road....i will be putting a dyno in my workshop early next year and want to get a bit of experience tuning....so any help you can give me i will be extreemly grateful Regards Mike

Talk to Ross, he may have the base map you need, otherwise start with the R32 base map.  Sounds like you have tuning issues.  All aftermarket ECU's require some tuning after installation.  What is causing your flat spot?  Is it going too lean or too rich?  To set up the VTC cam solenoid you will need an auxiliary output set to "GP Output".  You want to switch the solenoid on when "RPM > 1100" AND "RPM < 5000".  So set Value 1 to 1100, Cond 1 to RPM > Value 1, Value 2 to 5000, Cond 2 to RPM < Value 2 and Sw. Logic to Cond1 AND Cond 2.

Is the return to idle stall caused by the cam solenoid staying turned on or something else.  You can check the state of the cam auxiliary output by watching it in the runtime values part of the PCLink screen (lower third of the screen).

I am fairly certain that it is the cam solonoid not turning off quick enough. because the revs will fall almost to zero and then the solonoid clicks back on and the revs rise. I fixed the flat spot. it was running way too rich. now my afr's are good. I only have the hand controller to tune with at this point. how can i access the GP output and Logic control menus with the gts link. all i have in the utillities menu is "cam on" and "cam off" seems to work fine but does not switch off quick enough. Am i doing something wrong. there is no mention of the vct in the manual. Cheers