1UZ fe VVT-I rattling on startup

Guest |336|

Guest |336|

I recently changed my ecu from Autronic to SM4 because I wanted to have full control over the motor and could not control VVt-i mechanism with the Autronic (although they said that they were working on the software.............for nearly 1.5 years!!) I am completely happy with the V88, but have noticed that upon startup I hear a rattling sound. It almost sounds like the valves were hitting. This would only be on startup and would be quick, lasting about 1 second. I noticed this since the switchoverto the V88. I decided to disengage my vvti by unplugging the solenoids. The sound is not reproducible now. I am told that the vvti works, is there a particular setting that needs to be input at startup? Is there a set program that can be input for startup? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest |336|

thanks ray.

Justin is a great guy and I've known him forever. Just wanted to see if I could help solve this problem.

I'll wait for him to give me a buzz.

Thanks again

aloha

Ricky