Link G4+ skyline GTS/STR problem

Alex Gabel

Hi, is there a problem with the Link G4 + Nissan Skiline GTS / GTR, Link works with the ignition off, even connects to the laptop. If I run the engine, and then turn off the ignition and take out the key, the engine and Link continue to work, even though all other devices are turned off. Engine stalls only when I click on the gas. On a standard ECU everything is working fine. Where there may be a problem. GTR32 RB26 engine, MT, the jumper is removed, the trigger method to "other models"

Please help 

Hi, so you have set the dip switches to suit R32 /33 GTSt , not GTR.

If you have set the dipswitches correctly then your  ECU is being back fed through a power source, such as a dodgey relay connection or other device , turbo timer or similar.

Unfortunately  you will have to back trace the wiring loom and see where the power is coming from.

Regards

Dave.

Thank you very much for your reply

Unfortunately switched on dip switches to suit R34GTR solves nothing, light on the Link as lights when the ignition is off, and the engine does not start at all. Power supply at pin connectors are on â„–58 (battery) and â„–16 (ECCS relay), with the stock ECU everything is working properly.

I have not devices like turbo-timer or similar

What else could be the problem?

Next step check the voltages at pin 49 and 59. This should have 0 volts at key off and 12V at key on.

These two pins are what power the ECU up.

If you see around 7-9 volts at key off you have a back feed though an and Aux out put.

To find what it is you might need to unplug each device one by one. Eventually the ECU will shut down.

If you look at the ECU configuration for the Aux outputs.

For example Aux 8 is likely to be the boost control solenoid. So to check if the back feed is from Aux 8 you would unplug the boost control solenoid and see if the ECU shuts down.

Hi Alex,

we have 2 options then.

One is to find why the ECCS Relay is staying active.

The ECU turns the ECCS RELAY on by applying a ground to the ECCS RELAY coil, the other side of the coil is supplied 12 volts positive through the ignition circuit.

Are you able to wire up another ignition relay to control the ECCS relay.

I have set up an alternative power source schematic for you to try, it is the one obviously with the second bosch relay added.

Regards

Dave.

• 5 years later...
8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi

I have a same problem in my r32 gtst rb25. The rb25 ecu working fine but the link continue work when i turn off the key ...

This suggests you have a "backfeed".  Usually this is caused by something that is wired to an aux output that is connected to a power supply that is live all the time.  Anything that is connected to an aux output must be powered from an ignition switched source.  I would first check anything which may have been added to the wiring such as a boost solenoid.  

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

This suggests you have a "backfeed".  Usually this is caused by something that is wired to an aux output that is connected to a power supply that is live all the time.  Anything that is connected to an aux output must be powered from an ignition switched source.  I would first check anything which may have been added to the wiring such as a boost solenoid.  

yes it may be possible because I have a weak power supply. But I don't understand why the factory ecu works well and link g4 does not work properly, the fuel pump control module stops working, I have the tps wire with current and link g4 is constantly on even with the key off. none of this happens with the factory ecu.

The factory ECU is using totally different hardware to the link. It also doesn't have the ability to use outputs for different functions. Due to the flexibility of the outputs on the Link we have to have flywheel protection on all Aux drives and this gives the path for back feeds.