Link G4 plug in ECU cutting out at 3000rpm in hot ambient weather

Peter Giljevic

My other thread vanished? My Link G4 plug in 3 times now has cut out at 3000rpm after 20 to 30 minutes driving in high ambient weather conditions (35deg C+). It will not allow the engine to exceed 3000rpm until the ECU cools down. This is not random in nature and is totally repeatable every time the ambient weather is high! and the ECU case decides to limit my motor. I sent Link a log and their engineer tells me its a trigger set up problem? funny it never happens at cooler ECU temps and all wiring is perfect and never had any issue with Apexi PFC. Opinions? Others experiences?

Can ANYBODY with a FD3S RX7 please send me your Trigger arming threshold values for the G and Ne sensors please. I want to cross check the averages people have measured and set V's what I am going to test mine at. I have one of a ViPEC customer car and it is vastly different to what Link List in the default maps for the FD3S files they provide with the ECU. Thanks. This is the last thing I have to check/tweak, if this does not work then a 4 pound hammer will be the next resort !

No you need version 4.4.6 to view them as I run special software. The only parts you need to look at is right at the beginning and under constant TPS acceleration as soon as the engine approaches 3000rpm (every time consistently) the fuel injection pulse will drop out as will the RPM. This is not random and it happens every time the ambient weather is 35+deg C and the ECU is showing about 64deg C internal temp. I need to STRESS, this ONLY happens when the ECU heats up!!!!! very consistent and very repeatable, it does not happen in the first 20 minutes of running the engine nor does it happen in cooler ambient weather conditions (ECU showing lower than 50 deg C operating temp) thus is CANNOT be anything to do with wiring nor trigger settings, as that makes no sense as the inductive pickups voltage outputs do not vary with temperature, and I would have this problem ALL THE TIME regardless of high ambient temperature and thus ECU case temperature after a period of time running in it..... I have run this engine and ECU for over 2000km (fully tuned to 8000rpm and 1.1 bar boost) and I know how it works and when it is faulty. If only someone would listen to me :(

yes.. i have viewed the whole log in my log viewer..  there is one point towards the end that clearly shows rpm increase with the TPS staying at 0%. the throttle is clearly open by the fact that the MAP is not at an overrun value. so it cannot be you downshifting..

this is perhaps even a separate problem. . 

im away from home atm. once i return i will take a more indepth look.

for now can you take another couple of logs.. really need to definately prove you dont have a hardware breakdown.

Going down big hill and put it into a lower gear so I could show it shitting itself in the logs :) on deceleration. I don't need to log this cunt anymore or waste another minute of my life on the piece of garbage. Link can send me a new ECU or I can just tell everyone how many fucking hassels I have had with it and how much money and time from my life it has taken away from me due to one shitty electronic box. I am not some dickhead, I do this as a job, I don't see why the onus should be on me to prove beyond doubt that its faulty, I have already gone through this once before and wont be doing it anymore. No cunt has explained to me why this happens with temperature yet? all I get is excuses and a big fuck up run around and it shits me to death, never had to go through this level of crap before with anyone.

HI Peter

one reason why no dealer has jumped in here to say why ity  cuts out at temperature is the fact we have never seen it happen and I personally have tuned hundreds of these ecus ranging from pluggins to the wire ins and yes they are also on race cars and yes they are in countries with high temps the one i do in Barbados would be a good example , no issues there that i have experinced..  I am not saying you dont have a fault   just never seen that happen before.

using the laungauge that you have in the last few posts wont help either    and do you expect an immediate answer from a forum on a weekend?    

Send me a log and i will see if there is anything obvious     especially one with markers where it is aparently cutting out ..  

Dave Heerdegen

[email protected]