G4 Link Plug N Play

Jono1436215426

Hi Jono,

Doing a firmware update wont over write your PCL file in your ECU.

An update to the FIRMWARE if anything will have new parameters that maybe added which will require setting up correctly etc.

But the base PCL will not be removed.

Has the engine already been tuned with this ECU and you have just done a firmware update or has this engine run at all yet,or just a fresh install.

Can you still go online to the ECU with your laptop after doing the FIRMWARE upgrade.

Regards

Dave.

Hi ,

who originally tuned the vehicle , can you contact them and get a copy of the PCL file emailed to you, then you can simply load the file back in.

What software / firmware were you running and then what version did you  update too.

Can you list all of the errors you received , I believe I know what has happened now possibly.

Regards

Dave.

Hi.

So I have contacted the tuners but they just installed the LINK and had it sent off to someone else for tuning. So I asked who they sent it too and they don't know because it was so long ago almost 6 years ago, I didn't think that's that long ago really...but anyways they don't know so I'm guessing the file is history now and now I'm only looking at building a MAP from scratch to get the car going so I can use it to get to work and back than later with the funds get it retuned. Public transport sucks. 

These errors are high and low voltage only and MAP sensor no ground error. I cant load all the errors because its all disappeared but that's pretty much what errors they are.

thanks.

Jono.

Hi Jono,

I have modified your fault voltage settings, bit it would also appear that you have a faulty air temp sensor or the wiring is faulty or you have the incorrect air temp sensor selected in the software.

The engine coolant temp shows 35degrees C and the air temp is at 100 degrees.

Also AN VLT 4 was in error, I am buggered if I know what that is, it is setup as a 0-5 volt input.

But I don't  know what it is used for, at the time of saving this PCL FILE IT HAD A VALUE OF 1 VOLT ON IT.

Everything else looks to be ok.

I forgot to mention the ECU is still only running firmware version 4.9.3.

So if you were doing an upgrade to4.1.0 it hasn't completed properly.

Do you remember cycling the ignition OFF and back ON.

Did the upgrade say it had complete successfully.

Try doing the upgrade again.

When it says to cycle the key power, out of curiosity turn the ignition off, disconnect battery negative for say 10 seconds, reconnect the battery, negative, turn the ignition back on and proceed with the 4.1.0 upgrade.

When the upgrade has completed, to be safe carry out a TPS and MAP recalibration.

Install my attached PCL file before doing any of the above.

Regards

Dave.

Hi jono,

Is you radiator fan staying on or your a/con condenser fan.

Either way you need to check the relay that controls the fan that is staying on, make sure the coil positive of the relay winding is turning off ( no voltage).

As for the tune files (pcl) files, (now I can see them thank to SIMON, YAH)

It appears you need to calibrate the TPS and MAP sensors.

Without this done the engine will run bad.

Regards

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jono,

I have attached another wiring schematic for a different vehicle I did for another customer.

Ignore the ECU connector and pin numbers but study the relay wiring setup.

It is highly important that the positive side of the relay coil is powered only when the ignition is turned on, via the ignition switch.

Sometimes a diode is required to stop back EMF from the fan keeping the relay active.

Regards

Dave.

Hi dave. 

Thanks. As for the file above I still can't get the car to start? I've fixed all the errors and sensor are working right now (they were signed to the wrong Chanel) but no go? What else could I be missing?? I've gon through the whole manual to set it up like new again but just keeps winding no fire. 

Regards,

jono.