RAV4 2004 model 1AZ engine 2.0lt

Dadoulis Paschalis

• 2 weeks later...

And things are like this...

I ve tried all ready options for toyota vvti but none worked...now after lots of trials 36 missing 2 option worked and engine starts ok..trigger error is 1-5 and as soon as it starts it goes to 0...BUT as soon as I select the 2nd trigger as any sync mode trig2:vvti inlet /lh engine goes off and I cant start it again even if I revert the changes...also 2 out of five times it disconnects me and doesnt even connect me to the ecu again until I switch off ignition and on again!!

Any advice for vvti settings?

Thanks a lot

Best bet is going to be to check the pattern for triggers on the engine.

Can you get a two channel scope image of a full engine cycle showing Crank trigger and Can on the same screen.

Or manually degree out the engine so you can send a diagram like what I have attached for the 2NZFE

When trigger two is not selected it ignores the trigger two input and only operates of the crank sensor. As this is multi tooth missing it is able to sync and run wasted spark and group fire fuel.

When you turn trigger two on or use a trigger mode that requires trigger two the signals are compaired and need to match exactly. If the tooth count or location is not as expect the engine will not run.

Also the difficutly on the engine start-up 1 out of 2 times is because of this same reason? Reading of the position of the engine cannot be calcualted exactly and there are these misfires before starting the engine? Same moment if I turn switch on the ignition and then back on and crank it, it will start up just fine!

Sorry for repeating but I've read all help file refering to vvt control but reached nowhere:(

1) What can I use to get the two channel scope image as yours? Can I do it through the G4? Can I do it manually somehow? If so can you point me directions?

2) If I find this scope image you'll be able to tell me how the vvt control should be wired and set in pclink?

Thanks again

• 5 weeks later...

No problem to get the stock setup back with the 3 teeth, but my first question in this thread was what the trigger should be with these three teeth because none of the ready to be selected trigger patterns was working! What trigger should I choose from the list so as the three teeth to work?

Thanks