Traction control options

muzzytt

I would like to know if it's possible to have the traction control wired up to a rotary type switch?

I want to be able to control how hard it comes on by turning the knob left or right. 

If so what type of switch will work? 

Hi muzzytt,

with the true Traction Control set up you only have two tables available.

You can setup 1 digital input as Disable Traction Control and a second digital input to select a second table.

So you have the following abilities OFF, TRACTION CONTROL TABLE 1 (When OFF switch is disabled) TRACTION CONTROL TABLE 2 when the dedicated digital input for table 2 is activated

So the answer to your set up in TRACTION CONTROL SETTINGS is NO.

However you could setup a rotary switch with a different resistor soldered to each switch point of varying resistance and then set up your own basic traction control creating limiters and or ignition correction tables to retard power via boost reduction or ignition retard etc to control traction to a degree.

Using voltage differences as one of the axis on your table.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman
added information

I have plugged in the ecu and have had success transferring vipec v88 files to the Link .

I have another question regarding the on board wide band. my old setup with the vipec was using an AEM uego failsafe wideband sensor that was feeding the vipec .initially my vipec setting wasn't working with the link I had to change the cal4 setting to innovate LC-1 that was reading properly.

my question in regards to this is firstly I was used to the AFR readings and now only have a choice of lambda any way of changing this back to afr readings?

my main question is there any benefit to change the current way of feeding the ecu lambda readings off the AEM or should I discard the AEM and wire the bosch sensor directly to the link?

cheers

Muz

Hi muzzytt,

as for the LAMBDA vs AFR simply press the U key for UNIT'S change, however this will also change all other values to either psi , deg f mph, etc etc,

Or you can go to the top of the screen and select the OPTIONS tab, then go down to UNITS, then select options again and change the METRIC from LAMBDA to AFR.

Regards

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave I'm in the process of wiring this up and wanted to use sin existing switch I have in my possession. it has a led light in it . it has ground 12v and load connections .

can this be used with turning the traction control on and off .

also I see a traction control light option in the aux outputs menu can I wire this to the supra!s stock traction control light in the dash board ? I have a single wire in the ecu loom connecting straight to this should work ?

cheers

Muz

Link to the switch

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Electromechanical-Components/Switches/Rocker/30A-12VDC-Red-LED-Illuminated-Rocker-Switch/p/SK0955

Hi muzzytt,

yes you can use that switch, just remember the AUX output will switch low, negative so the positive needs to be connected to a 12 volt ignition fed source.

If the dash light is negatively switched then yes you can wire directly to that with the AUX O/P.

If any of these devices need power then use the AUX O/P to switch a relay to supply 12 volts.

If you set the Aux O/P as GP PWM you can also create a table with PWM values and create a FLASHING LED at varying frequencies, i do this with my SHIFT LIGHT SETUPS NORMALLY.

Regards

Dave.

Dave just to update the dash light works dirrctly from the out put.

I'm using di 9 for the traction control disable switch .

Using that switch the status is allways off in the v runtime values list.

The option is only available under di ?

Cheers

Hi muzzytt,

that is correct, so if you want the light to come on when the TC is off, you need to do the following.

You will require a change over relay, 87 and 87a.(5 pin).

Wire the relay as per normal and use your Aux O/P to change the state of the relay pin 85 or 86 doesn't mater unless diode protected.

The AUX output will be controlled via the Digital input.

Have 12 volts positive going to relay pin 30  via an IGNITION SWITCHED INPUT  as well as the relay coil 85 or 86 up to you, have pin 87a connected to the LED positive and the Negative to earth for the LED.

Setup like this the LED will be active with the TC off, if you want the LED lit up when TC is on then swap the LED positive to pin 87 on the relay.

Special note sorry i forgot to mention is the TC switch must be N/O momentary press switch not toggle on/off.

To disable TC the button must be held on for 2 seconds, to reactivate the TC the button needs to be held on for more than 0.2 seconds.

Regards

Dave.

Its a bit funny before reading your comments i was having a play and using the rocker switch i was getting no where.

So i saw that there was option for second table so i turned it on. 

This gave extra option to use di #9 to toggle between tables .

I set one of the tables to limit wheelspin via the table 2 and left everything on 0 on table 1.

So when i switched the rocker up it would illuminate the led on the rocker switch and activate the stock light in the dash.

Am i correct to think this will work? 

Because with one table only selected i don't see any option to use table 1 by itself and activated deactivated by di #9

Cheers 

Dave car is wired up and running perfect.

only issue I am having is when I switch the traction to off the light illuminates but immediately the engine shuts off.  is there a reason its doing this I'm sure its all wired up correct .

with digi input 9 we have 12v fed to it from the switch.

Hi muzzytt,

If you have 12 volts applied to DI9 then you need pull up OFF , ON level HIGH.

Not sure why it would turn off the engine when activated however.

Make sure that you definitely have the DI9 set up  as TRACTION DISABLE and not accidently selected ENGINE STOP SWITCH.

Make sure there are no GP limiters active.

Hit the R key or F12 for RUN TIME VALUES and go to the Triggers/Limits tab and look for anything being activated to kill the engine.

I will be on the dyno this morning but you can call me on 0475 388 462, or email me your file so I can run it on the test bench and see what is happening if you wish.

Also check that your TP and SPEED Values are not set too low, if they are the retard and fuel cut could be getting activated and the engine shuts down at idle.

But really need to look at the file as when activating the TC if there was a setup issue I would expect a cut, but when disabling it I wouldn't imagine anything going wrong.

So with RUNTIME VALUES OPEN , go to TRIGGERS and LIMITS,go to the right column, LIMIT STATUS and see if anything is active LIMIT wise.

Also check MOTOR SPORTS tab and look at the left column bottom section TRACTION CONTROL and see if everything is happy there.

Give me a call or email mate and I will do my best to sort you out.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman