CAN-EGT module

Anzelmi

Hi all,

these will be available also in the next few weeks.

Will work with LINK and ViPEC products

I forgot to mention the unit also has a spare analogue volt input so for example you cold add another temp sensor or connect a wideband AFR signal into it and have that also transmitted via CAN BUS to your ecu etc.

Regards

Dave.

8 CHANNEL CAN BUS EGT KIT.jpg

CAN EGT-8_Manual.pdf

Edited by Dave Kriedeman
added information

• 1 year later...

Was there also some other module that had 6 analog 0-5V inputs and 2 thermocouple inputs? I remember seeing that, but can't find the manufacturer, they also made small CAN displays. It was also posible to daisy chain these modules. I'm just looking for a best way to add inputs through CAN to my Vi-Pec ECU. If somebody knows the product let me know, I'm getting crazy as I can't find it :D

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have looked at the documentation and am pretty confident we can get this to work but havent tested one ourselves yet.  We actually had a customer send us one a couple of weeks ago for testing, but we somehow missed it in the box with other stuff and sent it straight back to him in Europe without even noticing it...  So now we are back at square one.  I might send him some files and see if we can get it working remotely.  I will update this thread if I have any good news.

I can now confirm we that we have the Ecumaster EGT to CAN device working with any G4+ ECU.

https://www.ecumaster.com/products/egt-to-can/

I will aim to get some instructions and support files into the next release of PC link but if anyone wants to use one in the mean time they can PM me for set up help.

Edited by Adamw

Is this one from KMS tested?

https://kms.vankronenburg.nl/kms-producten/accessories/kms-egt-can-converter-4-channel

Yes, set up info is in the help file and CAN stream is already available in PCLink.

3rtvrMj.png

I didnt even know such a device existed but I can see it being useful to get high frequency wheel speeds in to our ECU's that dont have highspeed DI's.  If only it was a little cheaper I think it would be a very attractive device for many users...  

Unfortunately the manual doesnt give any info on the CAN protocol or even ID's so it doesnt give me much to work with.  If you can get some info from them we will quite likely be able to get it to work.

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Scaryfast said:

How about the Red G4 Xtreme?  Will these EGT-CAN devices work with the older units?

The older "non-plus" G4 ECU's did not have a end-user configurable CAN receive.  Any CAN receive templates had to be coded in to the firmware.  The only CAN EGT device that could be used with the G4 is the Motec E888 (I expect also the equivalent Race Grade TC8 will work).

On 9/4/2017 at 10:29 PM, Adamw said:

I can now confirm we that we have the Ecumaster EGT to CAN device working with any G4+ ECU.

https://www.ecumaster.com/products/egt-to-can/

I will aim to get some instructions and support files into the next release of PC link but if anyone wants to use one in the mean time they can PM me for set up help.

ECUMaster has redesigned the EGT CAN module...it's a different form factor.  They say it's the same unit, just smaller.  I'm thinking the steps to get it to run on G4+ would be the same, correct?

http://ecumasterusa.com/shop/ecumaster-8-channel-egt-module/

• 4 months later...