Leaving the tuning cable in full time - interference?

JohnRambo

Hi,

Sorry to highjack the thread but I am just about to complete a Windows 8 tablet install in my R33 Skyline with Link G4 connected to display gauges as you describe. I would be interested to see how you get on and what your plan is.

Glad to see there will be no interference issues. I don't have a tuning cable so I am making one, I don't suppose anyone has the wiring diagram or pinout for this?

Thanks

Ben

Hi Heteractis,

You just use your tuning cable supplied with your ECU.

If your tablet has a mini USB socket you just need to buy an normal USB to mini USB adaptor.

You also have the option of setting up the OBD2 if you have a G4+ and running a KIWI WIFI for i SERIES products such as iPHONES, iPADS etc.

Or KIWI BLUE TOOTH for ANDROID devices.

Regards

Dave.

Great to know about leaving the cable plugged in.

I've looked at a few Windows tablets and aware I will need an adapter to take the full size usb.  Just need one to test with that I can install pclink so that the driver installs to see if the tablet will recognise the link.

I am also using a Toshiba Encore Tablet running Windows 8. My tablet is a permanent mount incorporating amp connection for music/movies etc, volume control knob and several USB hubs for connectivity to other devices, hard drives, phones etc. I also have a dedicated USB power supply running everything. I won't be doing any tuning with it just displaying the gauges and perhaps data logging. The only thing I don't have is the tuning cable as this never came with the car! 

My ECU is a standard Link G4, not the + version. I have the pinout for the tuning cable mounted to the ECU which has two CAN wires and two RS232 cables, which ones would I connect to the USB connector for the harness?

It took a while to get everything charging and sharing data at the same time but it works pretty well now, just need to get the PClink sorted and the amp connection.

Thanks

Ben

Originally I was going to but being UK based I either have to pay a small fortune or wait for weeks for it to arrive and pay expensive postage. I managed to track down the 'complicated' connector (the small 6 pin Amphenol) just not sure on the USB terminations.

Hi, we do have a UK warehouse that is continually being restocked if you were to put the order in it should only be a couple of weeks at most if it ships with stock replacement the freight will just be the local cost.