Toyota 2jzgte electric throttle

muzzytt

Other thing could be if the voltages are reaching the error settings.

Try doing the cal with the error high set to 5V and the low to 0V for both TP inputs.

Once the cal is done adjust then back to be close to the min and max voltages.

Other thing could be if the voltages are reaching the error settings.

Try doing the cal with the error high set to 5V and the low to 0V for both TP inputs.

Once the cal is done adjust then back to be close to the min and max voltages.

i was looking at those tables last night .

I'll give thata shot too.

The main issue is the sub volt not corresponding with the main of the tps.

On full throttle main is at 5v sub is at 4v .

Simon i just checked the fault settings for an6 and 7 both are set to 5v high and 0.01v low. 

Error values are set to 100%

Dave, Simon no go no matter what I do the TPS sub only goes up to 63% even though during calibration it registers 100% .

I don't get it why during setup does it go to 100% and soon as I get out of setup it wont go more than 60 odd percent .

Dave I did all that you asked to no joy. I'm just going to feed the single TP main feed into both inputs in the fury. the foot position sensor doesn't seem to be giving errors so Ill try this first.

the issue is do I run a big risk doing it like this ? if so is there any way to implement a safety step into the system. I'm not entirely cut up on it as I plan to modify the throttle body to a GM LS3 throttle body once I modify my intake manifold.

Hi muzzytt,

feeling your pain and frustration, it is not uncommon for the TPS or FPS subs to read 100% on cal and then read 65% or so as the SUB should never actually read 100%.

The thing that has me stumped is the fact that your photos appear to give the impression that the SUB and MAINS are wired incorrectly.

When the DBW is active is the blade direction correct.

I have seen a few people setup DBW and the positive and negative motor wires are reverse polarity and tis gives the same result as back to front wiring as the blade moves in the opposite direction giving the same illusion that the wiring is not correct as the blade moves open when closing and closes when opening.

Just throwing ideas around, I watched your video, it shows the laptop but would be good to see the DBW blade movements at the same time as the calibration is happening.

Regards

Dave.

I am at a loss for you sorry.

Dave we did observe the blade movement and it was moving correctly. 

I've checked and re checked the wiring and its all correct according to the pdf file i had from the vipec days.

I even reversed the tp main and sub allocations around. 

Literally spent 10 hours going over everything! 

Thanks anyway mate 

I'm happy to send you the dbw throttle body from my vvti v8 1uz if you want to have a play. 

Cheers

Muz

Hi muzzytt,

Yes sure you can send it to me, it wont take to long to sort i have a test i88 and simulator here.

I don't know how soon i will do this within this week any way.

Have you looked at the HELP file from the current 5.4.3 software on these setups as there is from memory a lot more info on setting them up, compared to the old file.

Business address is 10 Marsh Street, Earlville, Cairns, 4870 QLD,

Contact is 0475 388 462.

Business name is PRO TUNING

Regards

Dave.