GM Map Sensor on V5-6 wrx & Configure Injectors

Rob W

Do I need to wire in my GM 3 Bar MAP sensor off the expansion loom or can I use the factory wiring harness and replace the plug: A - ground, B signal, C power. If not, do I just use the signal wire on the expansion loom or double it up with the earth for the IAT sensor as well

I haven't got the ecu running in the car yet.

Is there a ver5-6 base map in the ecu or do I download it. The latest version of the software I downloaded last week has the ver5-6 wrx base maps for G+Extreme only. I had the older software for a while prior to purchase of my G4+ and had my head around it but in the newer software on the sample maps I'm playing with it doesn't seem to be giving me a place to configure injector cc's. I found the dead times tab which is fine.

I think I'll have a couple more questions this week.

Ok, I found a couple of answers on here. Sounds like I can use the factory harness for the MAP sensor - but would like to know if I need to configure it.

The ver5-6 wrx base map is in the plug in ecu, so I'll get it powered up and ask any further questions after I have a proper look at it.

Yep you can wire in to the existing map sensor wiring. Just check the voltages is compatible with the replacement sensor. (don't wire a 5V sensor into a 12V supply)

You will need to change the MAP sensor type via PC link and do a calibration.

The ECU will have a default map loaded for that application. You will need to do the initial calibrations of TPS, map and ignition timing. before attempting to start.

Hi Rob W,

to be able to insert the injector cc's and a lot more fuel related and engine capacity data you need to select, Modelled or Modelled - Multi Fuel, instead of Traditional.

This is found under the Fuel Main Tab.

If you select these other 2 options you will find injector cc's under Injector setup and engine capacity under the Fuel Main Tab.

Regards

Dave.

Thanks Dave. I managed to find my way into modelled. I noticed the engine capacity configuration. So if I put 2.5l in there rather than 2l engine does the Link know all about that and help with the fuel trims?

Brilliant Dave. I went back to the main fuel tab after selecting modelled multi fuel and found the injector cc selection.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob W ,

ALL INPUT SENSOR GROUNDS MUST GO TO SENSOR GROUND..

Also just be careful that some AFR meters such as PLX and Innovate don't have a sensor ground,

These style gauges only have an analogue volt output positive, They then have a power circuit which is POSITIVE and NEGATIVE .

The negative must not be connected to sensor ground.

Ground this wire close to the ECU ground, (NOT SENSOR GROUND).

Regards

Dave.