Lambda to AFR

Rob W

I have tried and searched to no avail. I'm trying to get my logging guage to read AFR on the tuning page.

When I go into AN6 it lets me select LAMBDA 1 or 2 where I have told it Innovate LC1. I can't get the dial type guage or a digital readout to read in AFR. I have gone into the preferences menu and selected AFR in the tables there. I'm stumped.

Separate question. How important is the narrowband oxy sensor for this ecu. Mine is giving me a low voltage on earth error. On PowerFC I had that function turned off as it wasn't needed.

Hi Rob,

did you go into the OPTIONS tab and then down to UNITS and select AFR in both Metric and Imperial settings.

Otherwise pressing the U key will change the value from Lambda to AFR but will also change any other metricated values to imperial such as MAP will become PSI etc.

So it is best done under the OPTIONS tab.

You will also need to right click on the gauge and hit properties, go to manual selection and change the values from 0.068 MIN and  1.3 max to you corresponding AFR values for your gauge say MIN = 10  AFR  and   MAX= 22 AFR

Regards

Dave.

Hi Rob,

below I have attached a screen shot from my own personal tune I am about to do on my Skyline with onboard WIDEBAND and external wideband on my FURY,

Are you referring to the fact that the centre of the gauge reads the words LAMBDA.

Both my WIDEBAND / LAMBDA inputs read AFR fine.

Note LAMBDA/AFR 1 is the onboard Lambda sensor and was not connected at the time of this shot.

I was just starting my base fuel tune hence for the flat 40 cell numbers everywhere. :)

Regards

Dave.

My_personal_layout_start_of_tune_with_AF

Hi Rob,

just some more settings info.

Regards

Dave.

MY_UNITS_SETUP..thumb.gif.f6eba75ccc5b0eMY_AFR_GAUGE_PROPERTIES.thumb.gif.752d04

Hi Rob,

I also forgot to reply to your question regarding your NB OXY SENSOR.

If it is faulty bin it.

You can leave your wideband sensor in there.

The NB sensor or the WB sensor, will only require to be left in the exhaust if you are using CLL (CLOSED LOOP LAMBDA) control.

Or wish to maintain AFR data, which you will require a WB to do so.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman
added information

Thanks Dave. I've got it all set up like that but doesn't seem to be working on the AFR. Getting a Lambda readout. I'll get it up and running tomorrow and see what happens.

I have My wideband on AN6 on the expansion loom. It's giving me a AFR readout on the runtime values list, so all is not lost.

With the NB oxy sensor, should I just turn that off in Analog inputs on AN4 where I am getting the voltage code and not use it at all so
I don't get the error code.