stepper motor

Ramantanis Dimitris

This is  from a2tzfze toyota engine, and this is not and idle valve.This is an electronic control boost bypass valve.This is doing the same job of a classic ABV.I need to regulate and control this valve based on map sensor signal. This will open as the boost raises step by step.

bpv.jpg

Hi,

OK cool it is similar to what I use anyway which is a small DBW throttle body.

I will need to search the wiring configuration as to what wire has what function, then I can create a schematic and file for the operation of the valve for you.

What boost control range are you wishing to work with, example 7 psi to 14 psi etc.

Regards

Dave.

The two middle pin is the common, the right upper pin has X ohm resistance and left upper x/2 same for the right and left down pins. The upper is for oppening and the lower for clossing the throttle. I want the throttle to starts openning at lets say 10 psi and fully open at 20 psi

Thanks

So doing the job properly has 21 ohms between a centre pin and 1 of the pins either side of it. Outer pin to outer pin has twice that at 42 ohms. Both rows of 3 are the same and the 2 rows are completely separate.

Hope that I am understandable. The upper side is for open and the lower side for close or opposite

This valve will be used in a twincharger project. I need when the compounded boost reach a level, this bypass valve will start slowlly open so the supercharger will be bypassed competely when the turbocharger will be in full boost. Everything shall happen smooth so as we dont want to see pressure lowering.

Hi,

very easy to do.

To make it simpler for me can you just put down wire colour and what it is.

Using this format

Starting top left to right.

1            2

3            4

5            6

1 = YELLOW/BLACK = DESCRIPTION   

2 = RED/YELLOW  = DESCRIPTION

3 = BLK/ORANGE?? = DESCRIPTION

4 = BLACK            = DESCRIPTION

5 = GREEN /BLK   = DESCRIPTION 

6 = YELLOW          = DESCRIPTION.

Thanks

Regards

Dave.       

Hi ,

I would need the unit in front of me to test or a schematic diagram of the valve to work it out.

I would imagine there will be a common positive feed to power the stepper and 2 aux controlled wires

1 would be earth switched via the ECU to open the blade, the other would be earthed to close the blade.

You would also have a sensor ground and an open variable resistor and a close variable resistor for control feed back.

The power and open and close pins would just be of fixed resistance value, wouldn't change when the butterfly is opened or closed.

The OPEN/ CLOSE feed back potentiometers would change value(resistance) when the blade is opened or closed.

Regards

Dave

Hi,

ok so to me it appears that by that diagram that the

BROWN A , ORANGE A = MOTOR OPEN or CLOSE.

RED B , YELLOW B       = MOTOR OPEN or CLOSE.

The remaining are the position feed back inputs.

So if you can apply 12 v positive  DC to the BROWN A wire

and negative to ORANGE A this should drive the blade open or closed.

Then do the same with RED B will be positive 12 volts and Yellow B will be negative , this will drive the blade open or closed.

Please advise what colour combination opens the butterfly and what colour combination closes the butterfly.

Regards

Dave.