cant connect to laptop

evo

Hi there i have an evo an its running a link g4 storm and basically i can not get the laptop g4+ software to access the ecu. The laptop show that ecu is properly installed but when i go to connect it says unable to connect to ecu check power to ecu and check com port

I can confirm ecu power is on and com port matches pc com port 

Any info is much appreciated thanks

Hi there i have an evo an its running a link g4 storm and basically i can not get the laptop g4+ software to access the ecu. The laptop show that ecu is properly installed but when i go to connect it says unable to connect to ecu check power to ecu and check com port

I can confirm ecu power is on and com port matches pc com port 

Reason i need access is because i want to check for faults as my evo is not running

Any info is much appreciated thanks

Hi evo,

when you plug the PC Tuning cable in do you hear a tone generated by the laptop to indicate that it has seen the USB connection.

If you also go to START BAR of computer and hit the COMPUTER ICON,

When this opens RIGHT CLICK ANYWHERE in that screen that has just opened,

Press Right click and hit properties, go to top left of page and look for Device Manager.

A device manager tree should open.

If you have the lead plugged into the correct port on your ECU and the other end plugged into the USB port on your laptop drivers are installed correctly, you should see LINK USB Listed in your  Ports (COM & LPT), It should not have any little yellow error symbols on it like ! or ? etc.

If all appears well here, make sure ignition is on and that both the chosen laptop USB and ECU  USB port numbers match each other.

Press the F3 button or go to the ECU CONTROL tab and select the first option CONNECT TO ECU.

Regards

Dave.

Hi dave thanks for reply yes all the above checks out no yellow signal etc still when i try to connect it 'says unable to connect to the ecu but usb connection is present. Please cycle the power to the ecu.

I have tryed adjusting the baud rate an connection port with cycling the power each time and still can not connect i have followed directions off other posts that have had the same issue also ive tryed uninstalling an reinstalling ive tryed multiple older versions an still no connection

Hi evo,

Can you please confirm for me.

Are you using a STORM G4 or G4+.

Are you using the newer BLACK STORM with DUAL plugs A and B, or older STORM with single plug.

The only reason I ask is in your initial post it gets a little confusing,

Your opening line is,,,,,

Hi there i have an evo an its running a link g4 storm and basically i can not get the laptop g4+ software to access the ecu.

Can you please confirm what you have and what software you are using.

Regards

Dave.

I think its the older style g4 storm the blue 1 with a single plug an 1 can port and 1 usb port. I thort a g4+ ment any g4 thats like storm fury atom etc i never new there was a plain g4 storm. So i guess i have downloaded the wrong software. My bad i will try downloading the g4 software not + an see how that goes.

Thanks 

Hi evo,

the easiest way to resolve this is for you to GOOGLE  "TEAMVIEWER" GO TO DOWNLOADS AND GO TO PREVIOUS VERSIONS,DOWNLOAD VERSION 9.

My license only covers version 9, if you download any other version I will NOT be able to  log in and help.

hen you open or LAUNCH Teamviewer version 9 , it will come up with an update version notice.

DO NOT UPDATE , just leave it at version 9.

I live in Cairns, Queensland Australia,so we need to work out if there is any time zone differences.

Once we establish this we then need to organise a date and time for me to log in and sort this out for you.

Regards

Dave. 

I have gone over the issue with simon from tech support here in nz and basically he said ecu will need to be sent in for repair so i think maybe i will just go that route.

Thanx alot for all your help cheers

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Keksas said:

Hello

I have the same problem on my link g4+ pnp e36 one ..

im trying to connect the ecu to my loptop and its saying unable to connect to ecu check power to ecu and check com port..

Have you confirmed you have power to Pin 54 of the E36 ECU?