different settings on same ign4 output

neil brown

is it possible to have different boost activation settings on same ign4 output

planning to fit a double pole centre off mini switch to control boost and switching between intercooler spray and water injection

position 1 would be low boost and spray/injecton turned off

position 2 (rear wards) would be low boost and intercooler spray relay active via ign4 output set to come on above 0.5 bar boost prressure

position 3 (forwards) would be high boost (d1 grounded) and water injection relay active via ign4 output set to come on above 1.2 bar boost pressure

if this is possible ?

IMG_1675.JPG

Hi Neil,

so you want to know how to make the high boost become active when you move the switch forward.

Going by your diagram and definition  of how you want it to work.

The dual switch setup you are showing the following will happen,

Switch forward the IGN O/P 4 will become active when it meets the requirements that you wish it to activate.
With the switch off in the middle position the boost table would be low boost or boost setting one.

With the switch set to high boost DI 1 will activate boost table 2 HIGH BOOST.

Regards

Dave.

DI_1_HIGH_BOOST_SETUP.thumb.gif.bf4ee699

what i mean

already got d1 working as thats my high boost command, when d1 isnt grounded thats my low boost of 1.1  bar

what i am after is the following

when ign4 is set just now to activate the water spray at over 0.5 bar boost at present

on new set up if d1 isnt grounded ign4 will activate closing the relay to activate the spray at over 0.5 bar of boost,

if d1 is grounded i would like ign4 to activate closing the relay to activate water injection set up at over 1.2 bar of boost

is that clearer

Hi Neil,

sorry but due to misunderstanding your request I have answered you incorrectly at the start.

I can definitely change the state of IGN O/P 4 in as many ways as you wish to a degree.

However changing the state of the actual outputs via ECU control is not possible because the Aux O/P you are controlling are not controlled via the ECU .

The IC SPARAY and WATER INJECTION are controlled via the switch position and the condition of IGN O/P 4 being ON or OFF dependant on the switching commands.

I could definitely configure what I THINK you want easily if the IC SPRAY and WATER INJECTION are controlled via the ECU through Aux O/P's.

My understanding is dependant on the DI 1's state ON/OFF , you wish to control the IC SPRAY or WATER INJECTION with IGN O/P 4 ON/OFF state to control the devices, basically automate the process and have the switch as a mechanical over ride.

Is this correct.

There are a couple of us a bit confused on what you actually want.

If I have explained this as you wish it to function I CAN make it work but both AUX must be controlled via AUX O/P's

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman
WORKING ON PCL

i understand what you are saying

trying to save outputs here as running out

what i am meaning is the following

if this can be done then i can sort out the switching off the relays

ign4 output turns on at pressure above 0.5 bar without di1 grounded, if di1 is grounded ign4 turns on at pressure above 1.2 bar

thats what i am after