1uzfe vvti wiring and evap solenoid

patrickmullooly

Hi I am wanting to know if the vvt wiring for a 1uzfe vvti is the same as the 2uzfe wiring diagram in the spacific vvt applications diagram in the manual for a link xtreme pretty sure it would be but wanting to double check.

Also as I am not running the drive by wire / stepper motor on the throttle body is it possible to use the evap solenoid as a isc solenoid? or do i need to get a spacific isc solenoid.

Edited by patrickmullooly

Good day.

Since I don't have neither the 1UZFE nor the 2UZFE local to me I won't be able to give you any confirmed validation. My apologies for this. However, the wiring fundamentals for solenoid remain the same so having this I think that a non-evasive testing exercise can be completed to back what has been understood about the 1UZFE.

With the use of the evap solenoid, I do believe it can be used as a bypass valve to aid stability of idle control. However, I think that you will find the idle ignition control strategy might be capable enough to deliver exactly what you might be looking for when it comes to a stable idle. In most, if not many instances, the idle ignition strategy is more than capable but for cases where the ignition advance available isn't enough to control the torque of the engine it is necessary to introduce an air bypass valve to feed the engine more air so it can be abled to produce more torque potentially; with more air then more fuel (energy) can be added and with this extra air and fuel the engine has a greater potential ability to produce more torque to stabilize itself at idle.

Different OEM manufacturers will have different strategies for this, but it's not uncommon to deviate from this when using an aftermarket ECU. 

Cheers.