2jzgte erratic vvti function

2jz_jzx100

I recently had my car tuned by the main link dealer in Queensland, he informed me upon picking up the car there were issues with the vvti control, when any input was given the cam would respond erratically 

I sent about 10 emails to link technical support over about 3 months with no reply, then I contacted their Facebook page and managed to get a reply to one of my emails, they said if either of the cam or crank sensors are wired with incorrect polarity that this will cause the vvti to not function properly.

judging by my attached screenshot it appears the crank sensor is wired back to front, is this correct?

thanks 

image.jpg

Hi ,

yes trigger 1 is reverse polarity and trigger 2 is fine.

In all fairness to the tuner, he has done the correct thing and reported the issue.

Diagnosis and repair if not installed by that workshop is not part of the tuning costs.

This would be a different job requiring a quote to further rectify the issue.

Or the come back on the installer.

Just my opinion.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman

Hi,

firstly sorry to 2JZ_JZX100, I have mislead you as JMP has noted the trigger 1 pattern was correct in the first shot.

You need to set the Trigger 1 wires back the way they were.

I need to reply to these posts after more sleep and less pain medication to save me from embarrassment and misleading information.

If you can post your PCL file so we can look for any other reasons for the poor VVTi response.

I am willing to remote log into your ECU and look at sorting the issue for you for free ,(THAT'S IF YOU TRUST ME).

This FREE offer is to make up for my misleading information.

Once again very sorry and thanks JMP for alerting me to this.

POBODIES NERFECT. :(

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman

I sent about 10 emails to link technical support over about 3 months with no reply, then I contacted their Facebook page and managed to get a reply to one of my emails, they said if either of the cam or crank sensors are wired with incorrect polarity that this will cause the vvti to not function properly.

Hi. Just a little concerned that you got no response from email as we pride ourselves on answering all emails with in 2 working days max. Were you emailing direct to [email protected] or putting in a form submission off the web page.

If off the web page form we did have an issue where it was not sending to the tech inbox. If this was the case very sorry about the lack of reply. This issue has been resolved.

Looking at the capture in the first post the polarity looks correct for both sensors. The crank dose have a couple of low teeth which if the arming voltage was set to high could cause trigger faults.

The arming voltage needs to be 50-70% of the smallest peak voltage.

If you want to post or email the map we can take a look at the settings. A log with VVT trying to work would be good to if possible.

How do I go about letting you access the ecu remotely dave? 

Still getting my my head around the tuning interface so I'll try to post up my pcl once I work out what that Is and how to upload it, I won't have access to the car for another week tho as I'm away for work.

Hey Simon, thanks for the reply, you were the person I finally managed to get my email through to a couple months ago, I sent another email to your tech support email address directly from my email when I posted this here and still no reply from that either, so you may want to check your email system again as it doesn't seem to be functioning properly 

cheers 

Edited by 2jz_jzx100

I haven't seen anything and all have now been cleared. You can try to my own one [email protected]

We are fully gmail based.  

We have lots of mail coming in from all places every day so very unusual that one is not getting through.

Feel free to use the PM option on here as well.