Altezza Trust turbo fuel gauge not respon

Joseph Yong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Scott & Simon,

Refer to the above mention, I have received ECU send back byĀ Link andĀ install back to the car everything work fine, only the fuel gauge is still not working correctly, it only drop quarterly. as mentionĀ above, in order to make the Altezza fuel gauge work correctly, we need to change the fuel equation mode to moderate. I have send my car to my tuner, we tested once we switch to moderate mode we can't start the car, like no fuel supply to the engine. My tuner ask me to check with link and request for a based map with moderate fuel equation mode setting.

My current Spec as below

Stock Engine 3SGE G1 with Greddy Trust Turbo Kit

Warbo Fuel Pump

Work Stage 1 Fuel regulator set at 4 psi

Sard 530cc Injector dead time 1.10 m sec parts no 63516

changed stock O2 Sensor to Bosch wide band sensor withĀ Depo controller

Sard 68c thermostat

Ā 

Can I have your Email Address so IĀ can send your myĀ current based map and some of my log file.

Many Thanks.

Ā 

Joseph Yong

Email [email protected]

That actual testing is not to bad it will either work or it won't.

The hard part is the tune will need to be changed over to modeled mode which will require the car to be put on the dyno and a tuner do the retune.

It needs to be in modeled mode to give an instantaneous fuel consumption reading which is apparently required for the fuel gauge.

Hi Joseph,

The ECU will need to be re-tuned in the modelled fuel equation, if the tuner is running into problems with this we are happy to help. A base-map and PCLog can be sent to [email protected] along with a description of the problem.

Scott.Ā 

• 8 months later...

What was the altezza fuel gauge issue ? I have a jzx110 pretty much same tank set up and all. Ā Have a kurofune on hks harness and seems the gauge gets to 1/4 tank and won't read any lower does the car need to see injectors ect for Messure the last bit in these cars. ?Ā 

The Altezza uses a "BEAN" network to communicate between the various electronic modules in the car. Ā Our plugin Altezza ECU has aĀ BEAN comms module on board. Ā I believe the problem with our original revision that gave the odd "1/4" fuel level increments was some data missing from the BEAN messages. Ā Something like "instantaneous fuel consumption". Ā If your car uses the same system then you may find other dash instruments and things like alternator light no longer work.