Atom & sensor

sanad maghaireh

Hi Dave 

yes this engine not too much popular , especially under forced induction . 

The crankshaft position (CKP) sensor on 2001-2005 1.7L equipped Honda Civic has 3 wires coming out of its harness connector , Each wire is color coded and carries a specific signal . 

so i dont know if these info enough for you . 

Thank you 

Sanad

We need to know number of teeth on the crank and cam position sensors.

Honda in the 90's typically use a 24 and 1 tooth trigger in the distributor.

Later motors like the S2000 and K series went to split sensors and multi coil and a very different trigger pattern.

You will wire your crank sensor signal up to Trigger 1, and your cam sensor signal to Trigger 2. When you connect the ECU to PCLink to tune it set the Trigger Mode to 'Honda K20 VTC'. Hopefully the patterns are the same and the ECU will then be able to know engine position and speed.

If the pattern is the same then there is no need to change the sensors.

You just need to wire the Crank trigger signal to trigger 1 and the cam to trigger 2 and then select K20 trigger mode in the trigger menu.

If the sensors are reluctor as apposed to the Hall in the K20 then just change the sensor type in the trigger configuration via PC link.

What if i use an adjustable cam gear like AEM . Does it good solution ?

Beacuse my tuner try what you said about wire the Crank trigger signal to trigger 1 and the cam to trigger 2 .. and the engine still not starting .   

I need your advice please ... my car almost finished

Thanx sir

Changing the cam gear will not effect the position signals.

The trigger signals will need to be scoped to see what they are doing.

In some cases the way the factory uses the sensor means we are not able to piggy back off them and you need separate sensors for our ECU. 

Ok ... then ? 

Also the other ecu frome link (storm & extrem ) has the same problem .

I said adusitable cam gear beacuse in my case when use Honadata Kpro. Its must change the cam gear .. beacuse the stock cam gear not working with Kpro. As Hondata instruction .

Edited by sanad maghaireh

The issue with altering the triggers in this case is the need to keep the factory system happy.

The triggering on all our ECUs is the same so would expect all to have same issues

However the Storm or Xtreme would allow you to scope the signals using the trigger capture function.