Multiple lambdas via the Can Bus

impellerhead

Currently the G4+ Firmware supports only 2 Lambda sensors (over CAN or analog). The only way I think you could use another 2 lambda sensors would be to configure them as CAN volt channels and then assign the CAN volt channels as axis on individual cylinder fuel trim tables.

We have on the request list to add more Lambda parameters.

• 9 months later...

Instead of creating a new thread I thought i would bump this back up

Looking to purchase a Link Fury for my rb26, would like to run individual Lambda and egt's in the manifold runners. Whats the best way to set this up? Is there any updates on the post above?

but I'm not aware of any 4 or 8 channel units.

Scott

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=products/wideband-uego-air-fuel-controllers/4-channel-wideband-uego-afr-controller

CAN info is published so I assume these would work with link too.  Still probably not the best option for a 6 cylinder but thought I would mention it. 

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=products/wideband-uego-air-fuel-controllers/4-channel-wideband-uego-afr-controller

CAN info is published so I assume these would work with link too.  Still probably not the best option for a 6 cylinder but thought I would mention it. 

Thanks mate thats the only one I have really seen

I will be purchasing a Link Thunder unit and before I do I have a couple questions. 

1.  From what I read above, I will be able to use my AEM 4-channel UEGO module and transmit the data to this unit via CAN,correct.?

2.  Does the PCLink software have the ability to protect the engine when an individual cylinder goes outside set A/F parameters?

3. I also have a Racepak iq3 dash using CAN, do I need some type of CAN hub (like Haltech) when connecting multiple CAN devices?

4. Last one is a little off-topic sorry.  I've read that using CAN with a USB connected will cause problems. Does that mean I cannot tune the vehicle via laptop at the same time display CAN data through my IQ3 dash?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Hi Mister2,

1. We don't have a pre-set calibration for the AEM 4 channel EUGO, but others have used them with our ECUs before.

2. You can have individual cylinder fuel trim tables, and it is possible to set the lambda target on one axis, and the actual measured lambda for a particular cylinder (if physically installed this way!) on the other axis. You can then specify an amount of trim. Previously this was not possible as we only were able to receive 2 Lambda inputs over CAN, but the engineers have been hard at work and now this is possible.

3. No, CAN only uses two wires, so you can use what ever method you like of connecting the CAN devices to the CAN bus.

4. Some G4+ ECUs contain a 6 pin round communication port on the front of the ECU. This communication port contains CAN H, CAN L, RS232 Rx, RS232 Tx, and Ground. If you connect just to the CAN H and CAN L pins there is no problem to use CAN and the tuning port at the same time. If you connect to the RS232 pins then there is a problem. So yes you can use the CAN bus at the same time as using the tuning port. The G4+ Thunder has its CAN connections on the D wiring loom connector, so no communication port fitted anyway.

Scott

Edited by Scott
Additional info to reduce confusion.