BASEMAP EJ18

shrug

Anyone have or able to make / replicate a factory sort of ej18 map for me to load to a g4 atom please? maybe just limiter raised slightly. out of 97 impreza. using a link 2.5 bar map that come with it. anyone able to help me at all please?

and if it matters, idle valve triggering of AUX 1 and fuel pump triggering off AUX 4 (switched relay)

Hi shrug,

We don't have a base-map for that application. The EJ20T is probably the closest thing we could supply a base-map from. PCLink come with the base-maps for our subaru wrx plug-in ECUs. The inputs and outputs are probably in different locations from how you have your Atom setup, but they are available to use as a starting point.

will it start and run from that map? i can trim a little fuel etc out of it, just trying to get it to run safe until it can get in for a proper tune. bein N/A im thinking this should be okay, also will it still use just the v1-6 subaru trigger as it only runs on trigger being the crank and no cam trigger like the ej20

From what you've told me in your last post I don't think the engine will start on one of our EJ20 base-maps. The triggering will need to be setup to match your engine. The first step will be to confirm what the trigger pattern on the crank wheel is. Do you have access to an oscilloscope?

Sorry got side tracked with another thing, ill find a picture now. its just the same crank wheel as all pre 97 subarus. had the 6 teeth with decent gaps in between them. only thing i can get it to pick up anything on is multi / missing and thats 6 teeth missing 4

Motor identical to that and crank wheel is one them. same as all pre 97-8 Subaru's

18382730124_8af4a77b8a_c.jpg

timing.jpg

Our Subaru V1-6 Trigger mode does have 6 teeth on the crankshaft. However this mode is also looking for a signal to come from a cam sensor, so will not work for you.

There are two solutions that come to mind:

1. Get the cam trigger wheel and sensor from an EJ20 and fit them to the engine (if possible).

2. Fit a 12-1 trigger wheel to the crankshaft and setup a trigger to read from this.

what would I set the link to for it to just take its trigger from the crank wheel itself and just get it tuned from there? 

Or is there no possible way for the link to be able to trigger from just the one trigger from the crank like you can with the AU ford motor? its only a G4+ Atom and running a basic motor so it shouldn't have any issues with it

Edited by shrug

There is no way to make the engine run as it is, you will need to change the triggering to one of the options I mentioned in the last post. This is because the Subaru V1-6 trigger mode does not have an option to turn off the cam signal in the way that the Multitooth mode does.