G4 GTRlink engine fan

JohnRambo

Hi team

I have a g4 pnp gtrlink, I'm trying to get only 1 fan going to start with using the stock Aux Inj 8 pinout which has been assigned to Engine fan.

I hooked up pin 6 from the ecu (which is aux inj 8) to the same cable that I had an aftermarket fan controller hooked up to which goes to my relay.  It works fine with the old fan controller, but when I plug it into the Link and set it to test on either low or high it won't switch the fan on.

Any thoughts before I pull the multimeter out?

Thanks in advance

Worked out that I can do it with the runtime list.

On a seperate note, is there a way to do peak type gauges? I'd like to know peak boost and peak int duty cycle.  At the moment I'm doing it by data logging, then looking at the parameters list view properties to get the max value.

Is there a way I can also display if the ecu is running in CLL? couldn't find it under the run time list

Looks like ECU stats is what i'm after, just need to clear them each time.

Is there a gauge for the NB oxy? or a way I can tell if the ecu is in CLL mode?

You can create a gauge for the narrowband O2 signal by right clicking in some spare space, selecting the gauge type you would like (maybe dial?) and then selecting the AN Volt channel that the O2 sensor is wired to. A narrowband O2 sensor typically oscillate up and down either side of the dither voltage. So although you may find if you are currently richer or leaner than stoichiometric, they will not tell you by how much.

The easiest way to tell the CLL status is to open the runtime values window (r key),  go to the fuel tab, and in the bottom right hand corner you will find the 'Lamba Status 1' parameter. 

• 4 years later...

Hi. Im new here in this forum, so we have a hyundai genesis with a rb20 swap we’re doing the final tuch on the cooling fan, they are hooked up to the g4x aux ign #8, it supposed to give me ground to turn on the fan, but when testing nothing happens, if i hold the wires to the chassis they do. I checked for all ground wires on the ecu and they are fine. My question at last would be is the anything wrong with the software by chance. Thanks in advance..

Are you using a relay to activate the fan and triggering that relay from the ECU or are you trying to use the ECU to directly power the fan? What have you setup in the ECU for Ign 8 and what does the status show while you are trying to trigger the fan?

10 hours ago, Alex92 said:

So weirdly enough instead of ign 8 it was Aux inj 8.

So why were you using Ign 8?  Is there an error in some of our documentation or something?  As far as I can see our GTR pinout and GTR map correctly shows Inj 8 for fan 1.