BMW N54 (335i) - Link base-map anyone ?

frobro

Ooops. I thought those was similar to operate as ordinary injectors.

We have already purchased an engine. It is to be put in an camper bus, so using stock ECU might be trouble.

Is there an upcoming solution for these injectors, ?

If not, and i just start looking for an ordinary fuelrail, do you know if there is any other issues: dual-vanos / triggers / E-throttle

-Frode

No solution from us anytime soon. I'd give the stock ECU ago, and if no luck then look at swapping the fuel system. Dual Vanos and E-throttle is no problem. We would have to see the trigger pattern to confirm, but hopefully it would be the same as one of the BMW engines we already support.

What about the N55 engine injectors, can they be operated by a Link ?:

N55 Fuel Injection: The high pressure fuel injection system (HDE) is used on the N55 engine. In contrast to high precision injection (HPI), HDE uses solenoid fuel injectors with multi-hole nozzles. The system is similar to the N54 fuel injection. Although the same high pressure pump, pressure sensor, and fuel rail are used, the high pressure fuel injection valves are new. The HDE system uses Bosch high pressure solenoid type fuel injection valves with the designation HDEV5.2.

What about the N55 engine injectors, can they be operated by a Link ?:

N55 Fuel Injection: The high pressure fuel injection system (HDE) is used on the N55 engine. In contrast to high precision injection (HPI), HDE uses solenoid fuel injectors with multi-hole nozzles. The system is similar to the N54 fuel injection. Although the same high pressure pump, pressure sensor, and fuel rail are used, the high pressure fuel injection valves are new. The HDE system uses Bosch high pressure solenoid type fuel injection valves with the designation HDEV5.2.

I'm uncertain, but think it unlikely. The direct injection fuel injectors I have seen all require a peak voltage in the range of 30 to 75 volts to get them to open. Our current ECUs are not capable of delivering this.

Ups don't how that has come into this thread. Yes please add the ECU comparison chart on the website. 

Hi Mapper,

I've asked for the chart to be added to the website.

Edited by Scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...