TWIN SUZUKI GSXR INSTALL.

Paul Hassell

Hi guys, we started a thread a while ago enquiring about the plan to put 2x G4 Storms on our twin engined Autograss racecar here in the UK.

We have done the 1st phase of the closed season rebuild with a full strip and nut and bolt rebuild, the 2nd phase starts this weekend with the Link install.

We will no doubt have a few questions so hopefully we will use this thread to show what we are doing and draw on the expertise within this forum to assist us.

Hi Paul,

We don't have a detailed diagram like that. The PCLink help does have a diagram showing power and ground wiring. It also has some charts showing which things should be connected to which pins for Digital Inputs and Aux Outputs.

PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Power Supplies

PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Input Signal Wiring > Digital Input Wiring

PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Output Wiring > Auxiliary Output Wiring

Thank you Scott, much appreciated.

Now I have another question regarding relays, obviously I have 2x engines and 2x Storm ECUs,  now as disused earlier I am going to have a seperate relay to power each ECU, but am I am also going to need a relay to power the +14v for the coils and injectors, and if so will 1 relay do both (per engine of course)

I am guessing I will also need 2 more relays for the fuel pump and fan.

It is up to you, it is more work to install a main relay and ignition relay per engine/ecu, but it will give you more reliability should a component fail or a wiring issue happen. You could make both engines and ECUs power up off of the one main relay and one ignition relay if you want to reduce work and cost.

Yes, fuel pump and engine fan will require relays.

• 1 month later...

Well after taking my time, checking and double checking the full installation is finished and I am delivering the car to the Rolling Road this evening for mapping. 

I must admit it was more of a task than I had anticipated but I am very pleased with my first ever installation,  I would love to post up some pictures but can't seem to get them to load, any help much appreciated. 

Hi Paul,

Well done on getting the installation finished. I think we all under estimate how long something like this can take. Good luck with the dyno, I'll be interested in hearing how you get on.

Normally you would click on the 'choose files...' link to add the photos.

Alternatively you can email me the photos and I will add them to your message.

pictures.PNG

• 4 weeks later...