g4 tablet dash

Alistair

Possibly a silly  question, have brought  a nextbook tablet to connect while I fine tune a couple issues..have downloaded  pc link and that's  all sorted I can't work out how to display  the inputs as I'd like? 

As like in photo from nz wiring 

Screenshot_2015-11-20-19-11-16.png

You can configure the look of PCLink however you like, but doing it on a tablet could be tricky. One solution would be to design your layout on a laptop/PC, save the layout file (Layout > Save Layout File As..) and then email it to the tablet and then open it in PCLink on the tablet.

When it comes to actual design of the layout, you can add new pages by clicking Layout > New Page. You can add a gauge wherever you want one by right clicking in some available space and then selecting the gauge type you want.

I like the warning that it does to the gauge box when it reaches your warning setting like IAT and ECT.  I also run a view to see when the fan switches on.

I haven't found anything for speedo correction though, so my plan is to build the jay car kit one and correct it on the Link.

I have been building a Subaru powered street roadster for a couple years.

Installed a windows 7 Samsung tablet in dash and have driven a little using the dash as can be set up through PC Link

Now doing speedo and fuel level--I assume the equation setting ability will allow me to set speed.

The other inputs are OK.  The warnings seem to work---only trouble I had was getting gages to give warning below and above an area.

• 3 months later...

Setting speed is easy, enter your gear ratios in the Gear Ratio Table (Not straight from your transmission gear chart) There are decent instructions in the help.

I used a GPS to determine my cars correct speed, then adjusted the parameters till the ECU was reading my real road speed.  Works great..  This also works well to show what gear you are in on your dash.

Edited by trophy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread has caught my interest, I've been looking at Windows tablets out there but only a few have full size USB ports, and many charge from the USB port as well which makes long term use challenging - Are there any well priced tablets out there that fit the bill?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...