aem uego wideband / Antilag

Mohsin

hello to all Link management members
i am just new to link so i am going to bother you little :D
i recently bought link G4 plugin for my 3sgte st205 with extension loom installed the ecu and started the vehicle just need to ask where can i connect extension loom wires ?
1st i have aem uego wideband  iam trying to connect it with my link ecu i connected it on volt 7 pin is that fine ? but i m unable to activate it in link software..
2nd i want to activate antilag for that purpose i would need a switch in clutch for flat shifting ? if yes then which wire will connect to the switch as there should be two wires...
i would love to know about the other wires too and where can i use all of them when i needed it ? thank you in advance

Hi Mohsin,

Here is an image showing the ST205 expansion connector.

ST205 Expansion 1.PNG

Volt 7, 5, or 6 are suitable for a 0 to 5v signal from a wideband O2 sensor amplifier/controller. DI 4, 5,or 6 are suitable for switches.

To activate the functions you need to go to the ECU settings section of PCLink and set the AN Volt or Digital Input channel to match the function you have assigned to it.

For information on wiring up switches and sensors have a look at the PCLink Help > Wiring Information section. Generally a sensor that outputs a voltage requires +5v, Sensor GND, and an An Volt channel. A switch requires Sensor GND and a Digital Input channel.

Edited by Scott

For the AEM you will need to select a custom cal, CAL 4 5 or 6 will do the trick.

You then need to enter the voltage and Lambda values for point a and point b.

Is this the AEM O2 unit you are using?

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-4110 Digital Wideband UEGO Gauge.pdf

According to that the calibration should be

0.00v = 0.683 Lambda (10.00 AFR Petrol)

4.99v = 1.365 Lambda (19.98 AFR Petrol)

For the AEM you will need to select a custom cal, CAL 4 5 or 6 will do the trick.

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-4110 Digital Wideband UEGO Gauge.pdf

yes the same wideband i have i didnt understand the point a & b did u mean the anv5 error low and error high ? Just attached a refrence pic what and where i did ....

IMG-20160218-WA0005.jpg

The error values are for detecting a sensor error. In this case you will need to set the error low to 0.0V and the error high to 5.0V

Then you need to go to the CAL 4 menu and set the points.

LambdaCal.JPG

Edited by Simon

The error values are for detecting a sensor error. In this case you will need to set the error low to 0.0V and the error high to 5.0V

Then you need to go to the CAL 4 menu and set the points.

LambdaCal.JPG

alrite it just started working but still calibration issue seems incorrect but i m closed to it just attached the image  it is showing afr on my wideband 12.4 but on lambda guage its showing 9.26 please help further.

IMG-20160218-WA0008.jpg

That would indicate that the CAL figures are not correct or there is a earth difference between the ECU and the gauge.

I'm not sure if the AEM unit is adjustable in with it outputs.

To get the cal correct you may need to measure the actual voltage at 2 different AFR points and enter these into the CAL.

sorry @Simon i just checked my wideband model it is not 30-4110 .. it is ( 30-4100)

DO you think setting will be change so that it will work fine ?

Given the information Scott has dug up you will need to check the voltages from the unit for a given AFR

Also check that the ground for the AEM unit is to the same place as the ECU is grounded (Engine Block)

Yes if its just ground to the Body then it would be worth changing that and grounding to the block.

To check the voltage you can check it with a volt meter or using the ECU with the input set to a GP voltage.

IMG-20160219-WA0006.thumb.jpg.eebbe735c9gp voltage means gp input ?  Just attached a thmbnail 

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am trying to get my aem wideband to show afr in pclink, I have set it up as above in Simon's post and all it shows is 0.684 as a value on digital gauge display!

I have connected the white wire from aem to blue wire of my expansion loom (an volt2) as lambda 1 is this correct?

8 hours ago, Pointz said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am trying to get my aem wideband to show afr in pclink, I have set it up as above in Simon's post and all it shows is 0.684 as a value on digital gauge display!

I have connected the white wire from aem to blue wire of my expansion loom (an volt2) as lambda 1 is this correct?

Need a bit more detail.  What model AEM device do you have?  What ecu do you have?  What voltage is present on the blue wire when the ECU reads 0.684?  Please attach your map also.

10 hours ago, Pointz said:

Make sure to connect the AEM brown wire (Analog -) to a Sensor Ground (GND Out) on the Link. Without this connected your signal will not read correctly.

On 9/6/2019 at 8:44 AM, 0x33 said:

Make sure to connect the AEM brown wire (Analog -) to a Sensor Ground (GND Out) on the Link. Without this connected your signal will not read correctly.

Perfect thank you! Can the sensor ground be shared? 

On my expansion loom the sensor ground is currently used for iat sensor can I splice into the same wire?