Altezza 3sge beams with 45mm itb base map

Mgtezza

Hey,

I'm running a beams motor, not with ITBs though.

However... Your tune is going to change a lot depending on the length of your intake runners, they cause huge peaks and dips on the powerband.  (and fuel table)

Are you using Alpha-n (TPS only) or using a map sensor?

Would love to see some pics and some more details of your setup!

Edited by Davidv

Yeah just wanting something closer and more suited to the quad setup so that i can drive it the 200km to the tuner and not be running overly lean etc and have it a bit closer so there won't be as much tuning time needed. Will be going with a MAP sensor and run a IAT sensor as well and run a bellmouthed plenum.

• 8 months later...

My set up is 3sge AE86 with stock injectors, black top 20v ITBs on the altezza plug in.

I do have a pretty solid calibration.

I have spent way to much time on it to just hand out the map for free.  If you would like to toss me some cash I could share.

Beams corolla.JPG

Edited by Brad Burnett

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Recently done this conversion. Adaptor from a bloke, Glen, in Aussie. 105mm trumpets, though I have a set of 75mm as well. Will be getting a retune with these at some point to see where the torque shifts. Running a link ecu, tuned off TPS. Load points for vvt tuned via map. 

Hello ,

I live in aruba and have an toyota altezza 3sge beams  with ae111 itb with a link plug in ecu .

im having problems  with idle  and also in low throttle sometimes  it stalls .

Its a stock engine  with hks headres link plug in xtd clutch  aw111 itb and toda trumpets 75mm.

my final hp was 168 on a dyno dnamics .

Can someone help mi  with the idle and stalling problem and also if the hp is right because i think it should reach around 200 hp at least 

regards.

Joshua.

combination of throttle stop and idle ignition timing will be the easiest to implement.

you could also you a 2 wire pwm idle valve if you have a vacuum block attached to all inlet runners.

most complicated implementation would be convert the itbs to dbw and run closed loop idle via dbw(this is the route i went.)