G4+ Thunder OBD-II

dmg210

Hi, 

Please can you advise on the OBD-II PIDs available on the thunder ecu? 

I would like to use my Android headunit to display AFR, EGT, ECT, IAT and STFT if possible? 

It would be great if you could programme your own PIDs :-) 

Cheers, 

Dan

Oh ok great. At the moment I have PLX EGT gauges which I'm using with a imfd to USB cable which is connected to my Android unit. 

I would like to wire the egt probes directly to the thunder ecu thermocouple inputs so I can datalog then use the obd output for the display. This would make for a much cleaner install. 

Would it be possible to add additional parameters with a firmware update? It would be great to be able to create a set of custom PIDs. Do you know if the EGT parameter will ever be added to the obd stream? 

The OBD stream as it is has existed for a couple of years now, and we've had very little feedback regarding changes. I can ask for the EGT parameters to be added to the stream. This may take some time, as we prioritise changes and features based on demand.

The OBD stream as it is has existed for a couple of years now, and we've had very little feedback regarding changes. I can ask for the EGT parameters to be added to the stream. This may take some time, as we prioritise changes and features based on demand.

I have some good news on this. Despite what I said earlier, the engineering team will have this available in our next major firmware release.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi guys,

I've been doing a lot of track days recently and thought it would be great to capture some of the action on video. 

I have a Garmin Virb camera which supports datalogging via an OBD stream and I'd love to get it hooked up to the Link ECU.

At the moment, I have the Android headunit connected via OBD which i use for temperature / pressure monitoring on track. I even have a couple of alarms setup in Torque Pro which act as an early warning for the some of the failsafe features i have configured in the Link.

Would it be possible to configure the ECU to output the OBD Stream on both CAN 1 and CAN 2? 

Cheers

@Scott@Adamw

Screen Shot 10-09-23 at 03.29 PM.PNG

IMG_20230416_163747.jpg