Dan

G4+ Thunder OBD-II

Hi, 

Please can you advise on the OBD-II PIDs available on the thunder ecu? 

I would like to use my Android headunit to display AFR, EGT, ECT, IAT and STFT if possible? 

It would be great if you could programme your own PIDs :-) 

Cheers, 

Dan

They all work. Or i beleive they all work. I use Troque to display gauges myself and i  got all of those displayed exept EGT. I think it was not because i couldnt do it but rather chose not to.

Oh ok great. At the moment I have PLX EGT gauges which I'm using with a imfd to USB cable which is connected to my Android unit. 

I would like to wire the egt probes directly to the thunder ecu thermocouple inputs so I can datalog then use the obd output for the display. This would make for a much cleaner install. 

Thanks for checking, much appreciated. 

In that case I might keep the plx egt modules and use the analogue egt outputs for data logging on the ecu. 

Would it be possible to add additional parameters with a firmware update? It would be great to be able to create a set of custom PIDs. Do you know if the EGT parameter will ever be added to the obd stream? 

They all work. Or i beleive they all work. I use Troque to display gauges myself and i  got all of those displayed exept EGT. I think it was not because i couldnt do it but rather chose not to.

Which Can odb2 adapter to you use ??

Would it be possible to add additional parameters with a firmware update? It would be great to be able to create a set of custom PIDs. Do you know if the EGT parameter will ever be added to the obd stream? 

The OBD stream as it is has existed for a couple of years now, and we've had very little feedback regarding changes. I can ask for the EGT parameters to be added to the stream. This may take some time, as we prioritise changes and features based on demand.

The OBD stream as it is has existed for a couple of years now, and we've had very little feedback regarding changes. I can ask for the EGT parameters to be added to the stream. This may take some time, as we prioritise changes and features based on demand.

I have some good news on this. Despite what I said earlier, the engineering team will have this available in our next major firmware release.

To be honest I'm not sure. A google reveals that both 15764 and 15765 both have to do with ECU communication. I will ask our engineering team to look into this.