r32skizzzaaa

knock detection device

Finally after far to long we have some recordings off the G4+ KnockBlock

These recordings are off our well abused 1UZFE VVT test engine.

Engine background noise.m4a

Mild Knock with bad tune.m4a

Severe Knock with bad tune.m4a

Edited by Simon

Thanks for posting up those sample audio files Simon, I recently purchased a G4+ knock block and wasn't sure if what I was hearing was indeed knock. Now I know it isn't (I shudder when hearing the "tink, tink tink" in sample #2)

What is the difference between the old knock block and the new G4+ knock block ?

I have been unable to find any instruction manuals for either product or other information (Other than basic specs for the new model) on your website !
Is the relevant information available or is it combined with the ECU manuals & software. ?

Edited by gts_215i

The main one is the packaging and some of the feature set.

The current model is just for driving headphones, where as the older model was able to interface with our ECUs.

Attached is the old knock block manual.

The current model is a simple connect turn on and go no setting at all.

KnockBlock G4 Manual.pdf

7 hours ago, Shedley said:

Has someone been able to use apple earpods with the knockblock g4+?

The knockblock only has a 3 pole (stereo) connector, it wont work well or at all with a 4 pole earbud/microphone set.  Look for a basic cheap set without a microphone.  

Sorry I just found this info is not in the quickstart guide so I will get that fixed.

23 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The knockblock only has a 3 pole (stereo) connector, it wont work well or at all with a 4 pole earbud/microphone set.  Look for a basic cheap set without a microphone.  

Sorry I just found this info is not in the quickstart guide so I will get that fixed.

Aah that’s what i tought would be the problem, i’ve thought on buying the earpods without the mic but i wasn’t shure. Thank you for the confirmation!

Altough the headphone works nice but sometimes cars are to loud and you have to be realy focused to hear it.

I found that earbuds can make a big difference. I used a cheap set and recently bought a mid priced sennheiser set. They are known for a very clear audio and less bass which is ideal for knock detection. 

I highly recomend Sennheiser for knock detection. 

14 minutes ago, mapper said:

I found that earbuds can make a big difference. I used a cheap set and recently bought a mid priced sennheiser set. They are known for a very clear audio and less bass which is ideal for knock detection. 

I highly recomend Sennheiser for knock detection. 

Do you have a link of your earbuds?