New Software/Firmware version 4.4.1

rayhall

New software and firmware is now available to be downloaded from the software page on the website.

There has been a huge about of work done to improve the software and many new features added to the firmware. This is a list of the changes http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/FirmwareChanges.html

The one change that we are excited about, is the Individual cylinder knock control.

Ray.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new version has a totally new way to report errors. Errors are displayed at the top of the screen in a red bar. To clear errors that are not current press the Esc key. To see a list of all the errors press the E key.

If there is a current error it cannot be cleared until you fix the cause of the error. The error bar will cycle through the list of current errors.

When you do a firmware update to 4.4.1, you will get various errors relating to analog inputs. The reason for these errors is the software now has minimum and maximum values you need to set correctly. If you do not set them correctly the ECU will use the limp home value and the engine may not run correctly. If you have errors reported for a analog input, then set the min to 0.0 and the max to 5.0.

ErrorHighLowLimits.png

After you have them all set, you may find on the V44 that errors are reported for analog inputs that do not exist. Use the new Clear ECU Memory errors to remove them.

ErrorClear.png

Also you have to clear the PC error history, by pressing the E key and clicking the Clear button.

PC_ErrorLog.png

Guest Marcel B

Ok , I have sucessfully completed a download of the new firmware , but I dont see all the features mentioned (like the second user limiting map , individual cylinder knock control etc.) , is it that I have to do an ecu initialize first ?

Guest Marcel B
To see the new features, the ECU needs to have a firmware update to 4.4.1, or you open a map from a ECU that has 4.4.1 firmware.

Ray.

Ok , I just assumed that after I download and install it on my lap top ,that it would all be visible . I will do an ECU firmware update and see what happens.

Guest |109|

also, my aim dash no longer works with the new firmware - i'm assuming that its because of the 16 byte addition.

is there a way to downgrade the firmware until this is fixed ?

Ray - Please can you let the guys at AIM know asap so they can fix the software ?

Thanks

Guest |109|

ok, thanks - i'll make the change.

is it possible to use the usb management and serial/can port at the same time now ? didnt see it mentioned in the release docs ...

Cheers

Guest |109|

hmm, still no joy

set ecu to 19200 in the config page, removed aim adapter from the loom and have the 'can' cable (grey and yellow wires - brown to ground) going to the aim dash directly.

when i connect the wires to the dash the vts management program loses connection to the ecu, so looks like it is seeing a data device, but the dash is unable to decode the data stream ?

do i have it wired correctly ?

Guest |109|

thanks - one more prob i noticed is with errors ..

for example on AN T1 - error high at 5.00v and error low at 0.00v i'm still getting a lot of errors in the red bar for ANT1

i thought setting to these values should disable error checking ?

Guest Marcel B

Hi all , anyone have problems updating to the new firmware ? I downloaded the new firmware/ software to my laptop then connected to my ecu and tried to upgrade the firmware . It did not work , I kept getting "no communication" and com port errors , but I never had these problems before , and now my ECU doesn't even turn on anymore (I guess ) because I dont hear the fuel pumps prime and the motor refuses to start :!: I can't get on line with the ECU at all now , any ideas :?:

Marcel,

Unplug the ECU from the harness.

Shut down the laptop.

Plug in the ECU and connect the laptop.

Make sure the ignition is off.

Run the software and if the auto connect message box appears select cancel.

Turn the ignition on.

Select firmware update, and when the help screen appears close it.

Continue with the firmware update and take a screen shot of any errors you get, and email it to me.

Pressing the Esc key will remove old errors from the error bar. What do you have Analog 1 temp selected as ?

ok, i tried the 'clear all fault codes' and they keep comming back - its just selected as a bosch NTC for ECT

I only use AN T1 as an example, a lot of the inputs are giving errors despite being set to 5v and 0v

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

Unplug the ECU from the harness.

Shut down the laptop.

Plug in the ECU and connect the laptop.

Make sure the ignition is off.

Run the software and if the auto connect message box appears select cancel.

Turn the ignition on.

Select firmware update, and when the help screen appears close it.

Continue with the firmware update and take a screen shot of any errors you get, and email it to me.

Hi ray , I followed your instructions to a T with the same result , I then contacted Wayne and he asked me to do basically the same procedure with the same result , the firm ware upgrade utility screen just says " searching for ecu" , but there is no connection at all . I could not e mail you the screen since my internet connection was down , but wayne asked me to remove the ECU for him to try / check it , so that what I did ........., I hope nothing is busted :!: :cry: