New Software/Firmware version 4.4.1

rayhall

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

I need to see the the text from the firmware update software. I will get Wayne to send it to me.

Talked to Wayne last night , he said that he fixed the ptoblem. Seems like there is supposed to be a specific sequence to follow when doing this upgrade , maybe it should be posted?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

I am sure you have the early sensor. This is selected as Bosch NTC. Check the air temperature is close to the water temperature when the engine is cold to confirm it is reading correctly.

:?: :?: Dunno , thw coolant temp sensor (blue one) is a bosch , but the other looks like the Autr. SM2 sensor . I'll try it .

Hello,

I found out for the firmware update, one needs to launch 2 sessions for the 1st session to actually find the ecu and doodle the firmware update.

If it can help...

KPA

Guest Marcel B
Hello,

I found out for the firmware update, one needs to launch 2 sessions for the 1st session to actually find the ecu and doodle the firmware update.

If it can help...

KPA

Huh :?: :?:

For firmware updates it is recommended that the USB COM port number be less then 9. Also using the serial port for updates should be avoided. If COM number is 10 or bigger or when using serial, the firmware update can fail on the first attempt.

Ray.

Hi Ray and everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I hope you'd welcome me.

Let me also add a new question here about the value setting of AN Volt 6-WideBand of the V4.4.1.

I'm connecting my PLX Air Fuel Ratio meter device to the AN volt6. The PLX device outputs 0V or 5V as its nature output voltage.

Since V4.4.1 doesn't allow me to enter any values lower than 0.00V nor over 5.00V (and although it is not supposed to be an error); it is always detected as an error. This isn't what I want to see.

I've tried to find something like a switch to turn off this error detecting function. But it’s not successful so far. I've also done "Clear ECU Fault codes" as well as "Clear the PC error history" as advised to the previous question from Tango.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas to get my head around this problem...anything would be great, thank you!

ume34

Hello ume34. Welcome to the forum.

The air fuel ratio range for the PLX 0 to 5 volt signal is 10:1 to 20:1. That means you will only get an error if the air fuel ratio is less then 10:1 or higher then 20:1. So there is no problem as the engine is not going to be running on these air fuel ratios. Quite a few other wideband meters are 0 to 5 volt and work perfectly.

With the engine running you will not have errors on Volt 6, as the voltage will be higher then 0 and less then 5 volts.

Ray.

For firmware updates it is recommended that the USB COM port number be less then 9. Also using the serial port for updates should be avoided. If COM number is 10 or bigger or when using serial, the firmware update can fail on the first attempt.

Ray.

I am using port 6 and no serial doodle...

Serial = Bad

Guest Marcel B
Hello ume34. Welcome to the forum.

The air fuel ratio range for the PLX 0 to 5 volt signal is 10:1 to 20:1. That means you will only get an error if the air fuel ratio is less then 10:1 or higher then 20:1. So there is no problem as the engine is not going to be running on these air fuel ratios. Quite a few other wideband meters are 0 to 5 volt and work perfectly.

With the engine running you will not have errors on Volt 6, as the voltage will be higher then 0 and less then 5 volts.

Ray.

I also use the PLX afr module , it is set to 0v low and 5v high , I have no alarms , it works perfectly.

I have sent the new data stream information to AIM and RacePak a few days ago. RacePak replied they would look at the data and see if they needed to make changes. AIM have not replied.

Ray

Yep , Race Pack would have to make changes because my dash doesnt work anymore :cry:

We are going to release a new software/firmware version that lets you select the old or the new data stream. That will get your dash's working while waiting for AIM, RacePak and Race Technology to support the new stream.

New software/firmware will be available in a few days.

We are going to release a new software/firmware version that lets you select the old or the new data stream. That will get your dash's working while waiting for AIM, RacePak and Race Technology to support the new stream.

great idea!

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

I am sure you have the early sensor. This is selected as Bosch NTC. Check the air temperature is close to the water temperature when the engine is cold to confirm it is reading correctly.

Nope this does not work , the IAT goes negative when it should be reading 32 degrees.

New software/firmware will be available in a few days.

I switched the baud rate to 57600 and switched the data stream to off ........now, the racepak has started to work again :D

Hi Ray and Marcel B,

Thanks for the prompt reply and additional information.

Aftrer I recived your guys replies I have re-checked with my spare PLX module (actually exactlt the same model) since I thought maybe my module was faulty. But as the result the spare one still outputs 0V or 5V, and V4.4.1 give me the error. (I've also reconfirmed that it is set to 0v low and 5v high and giving me the alarms. not working for me...)

My PLX module is PLX M300 with W/B sensor is Bosch (not NTK sensor), which is not avaiable from PLX now. (current avaiable version up module is PLX M300TE)

What would be the actual problem? Do you think something faulty with my file or hardware?

Thank you.

I have not switched over to V4.4.1 yet but was wondering about the 0-5V alarms. I use the same 10->20 AFR @ 0 - 5V but have also setup the 'fuel cut' on deceleration which means that I regularly see 5V (lean). Does this mean that I will get regular alarms on deceleration?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info. I'll try it as soon as possible and come back with the resut.

Hi Tinker,

I currently guess so. the same regular error as mine if you use the same afr. Will you upgrade to V4.4.1 soon? if you get the same error it is going to be a very clear case to everyone. Otherwise please wait my result with Ben's advice. I don't know if I can do it today or over the weekend.

Ume34

I can assure you you will not get a error every time you decelerate if you have the minimum as 0 volts and the maximum at 5 volts. We have been using and testing 4.4.1 for quite some time and you do not get errors. As to exactly why I was not sure, so I just logged my car that has the Innovate LC1, which has a 0 to 5 volt output that relates to a 7.35:1 to 22:1 air fuel ratio. At deceleration the air fuel ratio is 22:1 and the voltage is 0.12 volts. That is why you do not get an error.

Ray.

Hi Ray, Ben, Tinker and all,

Thank you for your advices and help.

I have a good news for all today! I was playing with V4.4.1 last night and was able to find the way to skip this error although my afr literally outputs over 5.00V when I decelerate (my afr doesn't allow me to adjust its output range like 4.99V).

Solution:

In the field of AN6 you manually enter 5.00V to the field then press "PageUp key" on the keyboard once. There appears "another 5.00V" for you to choose. Setting 0.00V can be done with the same way but with "PageDown key". When I chose these figures, I no longer got the alarm at all last night. But when I set the figure back with the previous way, it gave me the alarm again. So there were two 0.00V and 5.00V in the field. If this was written in the help files, sorry for confusing.

I'm happy with V4.4.1 and

I really thank you to everyone.

Ume34

Ume34,

When you select 0 volts or 5 volts you disable the error checking. The fact you can press the page-up and page-down keys a few times before you are warned that you cannot use less then 0 or more the 5, means nothing and has no effect. To make 100% sure of this I tested AN6. If I have the limit set at 5 volts, I can put 12v on the input and get no error. If I set the limit to 4.99 volts then I get an error when I go over 4.99 volts.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

wow, you've checked with 12V! thats great! I'm so surprised. that's convinced me 100%. Thank you for that.

Let me also rephrase my words above. I thought last time that you needed to enter "manually" 5.00 or 0.00. But I was incorrect. You just need to select the field and press "PageUp" or "PageDown" key, then you will see 5.00 or 0.00 in "blue background colour", which stops alarms. (When you see 5.00 or 0.00 in "yellow backgrand colour", you will get alarms if your afr is similar to mine.)

Ume34

Ume34,

I can 100% guarantee that when you select 5 volts as the maximum you disable error checking. When you change the maximum to 5 volts, it does not clear the past errors from when you had a value less the 5 volts. You have to clear all the errors in the ECU memory and in the PC memory. You do this by selecting "Clear ECU Fault codes" from the ECU Controls menu. When you have done this, then press the E key and then click the "Clear error log" button. You must do this every time you make a change to the minimum and maximum values. If you do not, then you will get confused with what is happening.

Pressing the page up and page down keys after the maximum values are achieved, does nothing.