Links G4 Anti-Lag wiring

Rallylad

Hey Lads, just looking for some help wiring my anti-lag through a switch, its a 1997 Evo 4, do I just choose a direct input into the ecu? do I cut the wire going into the ecu and run it through a switch going to ground, or am I completely wrong?

All help greatly appreciated

You need to wire the switch to an available Digital input.

People often use the AC input as its not often used in a race application.

The ECU can work with either a 12V switched in or a ground input.

The difference will be in the set up of the DI through PClink.

You need to wire the switch to an available Digital input.

People often use the AC input as its not often used in a race application.

The ECU can work with either a 12V switched in or a ground input.

The difference will be in the set up of the DI through PClink.

Thanks Simon, when I go into pc link I see that DI6 is free, will I just cut the wire going into the ecu for DI6 and wire it through a switch to ground, and let the man maping it do the rest?

Thanks

If you have our Evo 4 to 8 plug-in ECU then DI 6 is normally used for the A/C request signal. On the plug-in ECU we have a pull-down resistor on this Digital Input. What this means is that you can use it, but that the switch will need to provide a +V signal to the Digital Input. 

Remove the existing wire going into this pin, attach a wire to your switch. Then connect the other pin of your switch to an ignition switched power supply that contains a fuse.

In PCLink set the input up like this:

DI6.PNG

If you are not using air conditioning vehicle on your vehicle then DI 6 is a good one to use. Yes, allocate the DI channel as 'GP Input', in the Anti-Lag settings you then set DI6 as the 'Anti-Lag system Arming'.

Hi Scott, pull up resistor, should I have it to on or off?

Thanks

There are quite a few settings and some tables to setup. The help file has some good info on all the different settings, and also some setup examples, so make sure you have a read through of those.

PCLink Help > G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Motorsport > Anti-Lag >

If you have any particular questions as you go through the setup process let us know.

Edited by Scott

thanks Scott, Am I right in saying I set up my cyclic idle first, I was going to set my idle to 20%, then set my lower cyclic to 21% and upper cyclic to 26%,

Also when I go and turn on the anti-lag in the anti-lag menu on pc-links there is no option for setting cyclic idle %

I was then going to set up my anti-lag as follows

·Anti-Lag System Arming = Always ON
·Cyclic Idle Mode = Always ON
·AL Enable RPM = 3000 RPM
·

AL Enable TP = 60%

in the help menu for the Anti-Lag Retard Table / Ign Retard Mode,     Anti-Lag Fuel Correction Table,    Anti-Lag Ignition Cut Tables there is example values (iv attatched) would I be safe to map it to these figures.

Is there a lot more to setting up anti-lag than this or am I way off, thanks

anti lag menu minus cyclic adjust.png

anti-lag fuel.png

anti-lag retARD.png

ign cut.png

I'm doing my anti-lag the GrpN way using throttle plate to bleed air

when opening my throttle screw to achieve 20% opening where do I view this? is it the TP% gauge, I was just fooling around with it last night and when I moved the screw and looked at % the revs were very high and I was only at 8%

Thanks