2 wire Idle Control Solenoid (Bosch) - no settings in PCLink?

T4700

I want to use the original Bosch 2 wire idle solenoid.

I can see the 3,4 and 6 terminal ISC wiring is described in the PCLink help file.

And, there are only settings for 4 Terminal ISC and 6 Terminal ISC under Idle Speed Control??

Is there a way to use 2 wire ISC solenoid?

best regards

Edited by T4700

... cant tell you...  sometimes I might be blind... sorry...  I didnt use the Content Tree...  only the Search Funktion :wacko:

but in PCLink Menu, I can only select between 4 wire or 6 wire (or am I still blind?) :mellow:

And here is something interesting:

When I select Aux 1 to ISC Solenoid, the PCLink Menü Item for "Stepper Motor Type" disappears.

When I set AUX 1 back to OFF, The PCLink Menü Item for "Stepper Motor Type" does not come back.

When I change the ISC Mode from closed loop to open loop or vice versa after that, the PCLink Menü Item for "Stepper Motor Type" comes back - and this is independant from the the Aux 1 setting. It also comes back, when Aux 1 stays at ISC Solenoid.

???

thanks a lot

Edited by T4700

I think the "stepper motor type" setting is meant to hide when an aux is assigned as ISC solenoid so maybe you have found a small bug.  It seems to hide ok for me.  In any case I think you can just ignore that setting and everything will still work fine.

Not a problem to do this. PCLink help has some information on fly wheel diodes and back-feeding. Take a look at PCLink Help > G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Auxiliary Outputs > Wiring Auxiliary Outputs, and then look at the  'Avoiding Auxiliary Output Back-feeding' section of the page.

Hi can anyone provide me some info? I am using G4+ Altezza Plug in ECU, and I have replace my E-throttle body with aftermarket throttle body, and now wanted to add a ISC device to control my idle, may I know which ISC should I choose? 2 Wire or 3 wire ? And my AUX 1&2  currently is set for VVTI control can I use other AUX to wire on the 3 wire ISC?

Hi Joseph,

For a three wire idle solenoid you need to use Aux 1 and 2. You have a couple of options:

1. Move your VVT solenoids to different aux outputs, you can use Aux Output 1 to 8.

or

2. Use a 2 wire idle solenoid. This is probably the easier option.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, when I switch the VVTI aux pin to other aux output and config the selected aux output to VVTI will the ecu know that I have move the pin ? Do I need to perform any other setting for my VVTI pin relocated?