"Floating Ground" Fuel pressure sensor wiring

PitBull

I have a fuel pressure sensor that came with a Prosport Performance gauge and I'd like to connect it to my Storm, but I'm not sure how to wire it up.

The sensor has two connections which are labeled as:  "Ground" and "Gauge".  This has me confused because in the help file it says that pressure gauges get connected with 3 wires: ground, +5v, and signal

Would the Ground go to sensor ground and Gauge go to an AnVolt pin and then set Input Units to "Ohm"?  Or will this sensor not work for me?

I found a data sheet on the sensor and it looks like the one that's described as "Floating Ground" if that helps...

Thanks

Edited by PitBull

Most likely the gauge has a pull-up resistor, and this is how it is working. You should be able to measure the voltage on the signal wire, and use the gauge to work out what voltage = what pressure. Once you have this data you can calibrate the AN Volt channel using one of the custom calibration tables.

Thank you for the response.  Would the pull-up resistor be wired as described in this section of the help file?

"Volt channels can be also be used to read the temperature from a Negative Temperature Co-efficient (NTC) temperature sensor. An external 1K pull-up resistor must be connected the ECUs voltage input pin and 5V. "

Below the text is a diagram of the wiring where it shows the one side of the gauge grounded, the other side connected to the AnVolt and a 1k resistor connecting the AnVolt to the +5v output.

I'm assuming this is correct but just want to double-check with you.

Thanks

PB

Hi PB,

If you are connecting the 2 pin sensor to the gauge and the ECU then you will not need an external pull-up resistor, as the gauge will have one internally. If you are connecting the sensor only to the ECU then you will want to add an external pullup resistor as mentioned in the help file section you found.