5v Sensor Issue

chris164935

So, I have an AEM 5 bar stainless steel MAP sensor (part # 30-2130-75, 5.2 bar).  Every time I plug it in, it makes all the readings of my other 5v sensors (including the reading from the AEM MAP sensor) go haywire.  THe sensor is brand new, never used.  As soon as I unplug it, everything goes back to normal.  I have 2 other pressure sensors that have the exact same connector as the MAP sensor.  I have tried plugging the MAP sensor into these connectors but I still get the same results.  I have also plugged the pressure sensors that do work into the connector for the MAP sensor and that does not cause any issues as well.  I only have the problem when I connect the AEM map sensor to any connector.  I have also bought a brand new sensor from AEM, and I still get the same problem when I use this second brand new sensor.  With neither of these sensors connected, EVERYTHING works perfectly and displays the correct information (TPS, FPS, Fuel pressure sensor, and Oil pressure sensor; both of those are the brass sensors that AEM sells).  I have the MAP sensor screwed into my intake manifold.  But, the issue persists if I have the MAP sensor not screwed onto anything (e holding it in my hand) and connected.  Also, if I turn the AN Volt Input off that the MAP sensor is connected to, I still get the issue.  Wiring also seems good when checked with a multimeter (5v from +5v and gnd).  I would really like to make this sensor work now that I have over $200 tied into it (2 brand new sensors).  Thanks for any help.

All of my pressure sensors (3 total) are AEM units.  One is the stainless steel sensor that is supposed to be more accurate (this is the one causing the issue).  The other 2 are the less accurate brass sensors.  The pin out on these sensors are all the same.  I have correctly wired the connectors for all three of these sensors (the two brass ones work just fine).  So, even if the pin outs were different, I still have to correct pin out for the stainless steel sensor (it is wired correctly).

Ok good. If the wiring is correct I can't see what else it can be other than two faulty sensors.

Even if the stainless sensors was operating outside of your AN volt high and AN volt low thresholds it should not cause the other sensors to play up.