Link G4+ 64 pin on Pulsar GTi-R

Olly-R

Help please, Just fitted my link g4+ to my rnn14 gti-r, but the fans are on constant? (had this before with aem and was a configuration issue)  with ignition on and no spark/no tacho /no fuel pump on crank, so can someone just confirm the correct dip switch and jumper positions first please as instrucions are vague for gti-r model, any one got a gtir base map?

cheers olly

Hi Olly,

With the jumper pins for the engine fans, it basically comes down to what you have attached to pins 9, 10, and 25 of your ECU and the ignition system of the vehicle. The info I have says that the Pulsar GTIR is distributed ignition, has fans on pin 9 (auto and manual trans), has fan on pin 10 (auto trans only), and nothing on pin 25.

If your vehicle matches this then you will want the pins in the '94-02' position.

• 1 month later...

Hi Olly,

Ign 1 output from the ECU does not go through any of the jumpers or switches, for the ECU to do ignition it needs to be calculating engine speed correctly. To calculate the engine speed correctly the ECU needs the trigger signals to be working correctly.  You can tell if the trigger signals are working correctly by looking at the 'Trig 1 Signal', 'Trig 2 Signal', and 'Engine Speed' parameters on the Triggers/Limits tab of the Runtime Values Window (F12 key to open). The 'Trig 1 Signal' and 'Trig 2 Signal' should read Yes, and the engine speed should reflect the actual engine speed. At cranking this is usually 200 to 300 rpm.

If you are not getting this happening try swapping the dip switches to the other position:

S15Link dip switches.PNG

Once you have the engine speed reading correctly you can proceed with setting the base timing. You can read about how to do this in PCLink Help > G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Triggers > Trigger Setup > Trigger Mode > Nissan 360 Opto

Edited by Scott

• 4 weeks later...

simon you are right i did eccs test and it came up with 9, so now we have spark and nearly running, but feels very rough like firing order / timing way off , due to not being able to keep running long enough to run a timing light , are trigger settings different on gti-r? or do you have map for a gti-r with settings already done so can get up and running and tweak/ tune ,

happy to purchase a map from you ? [email protected]