Evo 8 knock control

Rich RDE

Setup the Evo 8 knock control running factory knock sensor st 6hz narrow and I don't think it's monitoring anything at all. I could have configured a channel improperly? I've setup the knock before. But this paticular ECU has been acting funny. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Sorry looking for clarification.  I have an 8 and I am trying to configure knock with the oem sensor.  Should it be 13kHz or 6kHz?  According to the help file Evo 6 and on is 13.  I assume Mitsubishi 4g63 aftermarket is with a donut style bosch sensor similar to an x?  

On 7/6/2022 at 10:51 AM, Turbo.Tim said:

Sorry looking for clarification.  I have an 8 and I am trying to configure knock with the oem sensor.  Should it be 13kHz or 6kHz?  According to the help file Evo 6 and on is 13.  I assume Mitsubishi 4g63 aftermarket is with a donut style bosch sensor similar to an x?  

Hey I believe stock 8/9 operate with a 6kHz range. I have mine at 6 or 7 and working great. You can try one or the other and see if one gives you usable readings or if it goes all funky. you can set your floor with ignition at 0 to see which settings are working.

The stock sensor is a 13Khz narrow band, but you still get noise coming through at other frequencies.  7 or 8Khz usually works well on evos, I have mine set to 8.

Below is a frequency spectrogram from an evo, (taken from the Motec SKM manual), you can see the difference in energy level between background noise and knock is much more distinct at 7K than it is 13K:

DHuqj5Y.png