Rb26 cams wrong please help!!!

Hayden

Hey guys im new here and have a situation in which even a tuner nor machanic or bloody kelford cams can tell me!!!!!

So machine shop has assembled head for me a while back valve clearances all set etc then my engine builder assembled bottom end and weve got heap on etc pretty much complete engine ready to go in cams all dailed in.we have just realised that the machine shop has put the intake cam on the exhaust side so the cas pin isnt in the end of the cam !!!! now the cams are kelford 264s both have same lift and duration so pretty much same cam so the machine shop has now put the cas pin in the end of my intake cam so we didnt have to re shim and dail in cams again.now kelford told me that the centre lines on the cams are different which i think lobe seperation is slighy different and they arent sure if thats will effect nzefi tuning it ?? Can anyone help my as i litterally cant do anything in going foward i wish the machine shop would just swap everything over but it will mean itll cost them more money so they have done this instead and reckon itll work where others arent sure please help cheers sorry forgot to mention i have a g4+  ecu and ross crank trigger kit

Edited by Hayden

Hi Hayden,

I would say from an ECU point of view you would want to re-do your base-timing, and then  check the tune. I think the best solution is probably to build the head as it should be, but someone more experienced with that side of things will probably add their 2c worth.

Hey thanks for the reply guys since my first post here i have rang kelford and found out that the exhaust cam and intake cams centre points differ by 2 degrees will that matter with the cas sensor or can u just adjust it that much ? And itll be fine ? Cams are dailed in and the valve clearance is spot on for each cam but im just unsure if the ecu/cas sensor will be fine i suspect it would be as everythings after market link g4+ and trigger kit what do you guys think i know its gona be sweet mechanically except this cas issue the half moon in the end of the cam is gona be 2 degrees out for centre of the cam lobe thats the only problem i can see ?? 

Thanks for any help as machine shop is not really wanting to fully swap them over without a fight different if cams where different profiles 

Thanks for any help at all 

Hi Hayden,

I would say from an ECU point of view you would want to re-do your base-timing, and then  check the tune. I think the best solution is probably to build the head as it should be, but someone more experienced with that side of things will probably add their 2c worth.

ok so is that like saying adjusting your zero point then going from there ?? Its just i know if the cas pin isnt in the right orientation then motor wont start cheers ??

Setting the base-timing tells the ECU the relationship between the crank position, cam position, and TDC number 1, so going through this process will give the ECU accurate information.

ok sounds like.it should be ok then thanks for.your help really appreciate it cant wait to get this thing going !!!!