Evo 5 pnp injector duty high

n12turbo

Hi I have installed a plug in g4+ into an evo 5, I am having a few issues getting the fuel map to be repeatable. at the moment it is only running wastegate pressure 10 ish psi and is roughly sussed up to about 5000rpm then the fuel goes lean quickly, I am seeing high duty cycle, the car had an early link in it before and was running 18 psi but I am unsure of how well it was tuned. if someone could look at the file and see if I have screwed something up that would be great. evo.pclr

evo.pclr

Hi there. It seems as though you might want to check your fuel pressure at higher boost levels. I assume you are loosing fuel pressure and trying to compensate for more fuel in the VE Table. I have actually experienced this self. You first think that you just need more fuel. It is very clear in the VE table this is what is happening. Please feel free to message me.

What fuel pump do you have? Injectors? Hope this was helpful. This is most certainly related to fuel delivery. Ch

Hi it is all standard stuff, the problem I have is that it ran fine (without melting a piston) before the new ecu install at higher boost levels, I can upload a log but it is only running 70kpa 10ish psi boost and is demanding way to much fuel already. I can keep adding fuel into the table and it does help but looking at logs the duty cycle is to high and I would like to sort this now before I spend to much time tuning it

Hi it is all standard stuff, the problem I have is that it ran fine (without melting a piston) before the new ecu install at higher boost levels, I can upload a log but it is only running 70kpa 10ish psi boost and is demanding way to much fuel already. I can keep adding fuel into the table and it does help but looking at logs the duty cycle is to high and I would like to sort this now before I spend to much time tuning it

Did it melt a piston before or after the new ECU? I am guessing it was do to the same issue? If you can please log the fuel pressure or hookup a gauge we will better know if it is not that. You may have something blocking the fuel path as well. These stock Evo 5 injectors then? Just trying to help. You need to make sure that the pressure is rising 1 psi for every 1 pound of boost. On the Evo's a good rule of thumb is to take the vacuum source to the stock FPR (fuel pressure regulator) and hook it up directly to the manifold, instead of the electronic fuel pressure solenoid.

It has never melted a piston or anything along those lines I was just saying it was running fine and abvoiusly can not have been as lean as it is now previously with out causing any damage. is there a way I can upload a log my files are 2.3mb which is to big :(

If you email us the log file we can take a look, [email protected]. If you want I can also post it here. Are you reading the AFR/Lambda on a wideband O2 sensor to know it is lean? I'm thinking along the same lines as Rich, if the injector duty cycle is getting towards max, and the AFR is leaner than before then there is either less fuel, or more air..

Are you sure it really is lean and its not just a misfire that is making your wideband read lean?

Two further things to check:

Factory ballast resistor pack is still attached/connected (it needs to be).

Injectors are receiving full 13-14V on the live side.

If those two check out and it really is lean then it is most likely a fuel pressure issue as Rich has suggested.

HI yea I am reading lambda and it is heading to around 1.03, there is no missfire causing the lean reading, the resistor packs are in place and yup injectors are getting full battery voltage although it does drop to around 12.9v in the log but that was with fan, lights and heater going this morning.