Nissan GTS-GTR G4+ Xtreme Plugin - OEM Knock Sensor

Leonv33

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me if the standard R33gtr RB26 knock sensors are okay to use with knock control on the G4+ extreme.

Are they wide band like the Bosch?

Changing them to Bosch would be a painful experience and I would like to avoid it if possible.

Presently run a Link knock light which seems to work under 5500rpm but flashes quite a bit after that from excessive noise.

Appreciate all advice.

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

The info I have says that the factory knock sensors on the RB26DETT should use a 6 or 7 kHz filter, so they do not appear to be wideband.

Scott.

Additional info:

The info says the 6 or 7 kHz filters were used with a wideband sensor. Regardless, if this is the filter to use then the factory knock sensors were likely narrowband in this range.

Edited by Scott

Hi Scott,   that was quick!

Yes I saw that in the help setup, just wondered if they are up to the job or best to change to Bosch, which I would rather avoid.

If they work and detect knock then that's all good.

Thanks for the fast reply Scott.

Cheers Mike

with me they are set as 4-10 Khz wide band, on that setting i get best noise from them in ECU , i have knock treshold setted on dyno, and auto knock retard timing when it goes over the treshold.

You only need to set the indivdual cilindersettings as sensor are shorter to one cilinder then the other.

works like a charm.

with me they are set as 4-10 Khz wide band, on that setting i get best noise from them in ECU , i have knock treshold setted on dyno, and auto knock retard timing when it goes over the treshold.

You only need to set the indivdual cilindersettings as sensor are shorter to one cilinder then the other.

works like a charm.

Hi Gojira,  You are tuning a Skyline gtr with oem sensors? if so, that's great to know they work well with the ecu, I'll definitely set it up like yours!  

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...