G4+ Extreme running sequential 6cyl

eff xr6t

Hi guys

Looking at buying a G4+ Extreme to run my Turbo SOHC Ford 4l in my el xr6 got a few questions if anyone is able to answer them.

Will be looking at putting in a Racepak dash into the car and am wondering if the ecu will communicate only basic channels or if i will be able to display everything. will have individual egt on each cylinder so id like to be able to see them all, will have fuel,oil,coolant pressure id like to see and also fuel,oil,coolant,air temp and be able to configure speed,rpm and gear position from the calculated in the ecu.

Also want to run individual egt on each cylinder, do link have an egt box like i found was in progress in another thread i read? ive found the one on diyautotune is said to have a CAN protocol mapped for it so could i use that?

Being that both these devices are likely to have different CAN protocol i guess i wont be able to use an obd2 port so will i require a laptop to reset any enigine fault codes? if i set rpm limits based on fuel or oil pressure when they trigger will they need to be reset before the enigine will run or will the just trigger a CEL?

Also being that the motor is turbo and fuel pressure changing with boost is there a way to set a 3d map to be able to set up a proper engine protection for varying loads?

Also for any link staff in the know do link plan to produce a range of CAN devices to run on the same can data stream like haltech do with EGT, extra I/O box, Wideband controller to enable the use of the other can channel to run either a dash or OBD2?

thanks if anyone can help with these.

Hello,

The racepak dash can not take CAN communication directly from the ECU, it uses a 'V-NET' adaptor module. Here is the one they build for use with our ECU:

http://www.racepak.com/downloads/pdf/EFI_modules/230-VM-EFILINK.pdf

As you can see in the link, not all the data you want will be available on the dash.

Link do not have an EGT module, and as far as I'm aware we are not in the process of making one. The DIYAutotune EGT module is compatible with our ECU.

Being that both these devices are likely to have different CAN protocol i guess i wont be able to use an obd2 port so will i require a laptop to reset any enigine fault codes? if i set rpm limits based on fuel or oil pressure when they trigger will they need to be reset before the enigine will run or will the just trigger a CEL?

The Xtreme has two CAN bus modules, so if you need the two buses to run at different speeds (for DIYAutotune and OBD2) this is not a problem, you will put them on separate CAN bus networks. In upcoming firmware we will have a function that can reset fault codes without the need for PCLink.

Yes the ECU is able to compensate for changes in fuel pressure. You can also used closed loop lambda so the ECU will target a particular AFR/Lambda.

Also for any link staff in the know do link plan to produce a range of CAN devices to run on the same can data stream like haltech do with EGT, extra I/O box, Wideband controller to enable the use of the other can channel to run either a dash or OBD2?

Some details on this will likely come shortly.