VE Tuning a rotary

Explode64

I have been looking around and haven’t seen anything about using volumetric tuning on a 13B turbo.

Is this possible/ common?

I ask as im looking at setting up a FD rx7 for flex fuel.

Is this common to do using the Link G4+ plug in or G4+ storm black ECU?

You should absolutely be able to tune VE with this. I have tuned a few. Setting up the flex fuel system is going to be easy compared to other ECU's. Do you have a base file? Make sure to enter all the information correct for the fuels you are using. 

If you need any help post a base file for us to take a look at. 

Cheers

I have had a look at both the FD plug in’s for the S6 and the S7/8 RX7 on PCLink. There seems to be a big difference in the number of inputs and outputs between the different series.

With expansion connectors I have worked out that the S6 has

8 Injector Drives

4 Ignition Drives

8 Auxiliary Outputs

9 User-configurable Analog Inputs/ Temp

2 dedicated trigger inputs

6 User-configurable Digital Inputs

1 Channel closed loop knock control

2 triggers

And the S7/8 has

8 Injector Drives

8 Ignition Drives

8 Auxiliary Outputs (Fan, Boost control, idle speed control, etc.)

13 User-configurable Analog Inputs/ Temp

2 dedicated trigger inputs

10 User-configurable Digital Inputs

1 Channel closed loop knock control

2 triggers

Is there a patch harness that allows the Link Rx7 Plug in for the S7/8 to be used in a 6 or am I best ot just go to a wire in ECU?

I have had a look at both the FD plug in’s for the S6 and the S7/8 RX7 on PCLink. There seems to be a big difference in the number of inputs and outputs between the different series.

Is there a patch harness that allows the Link Rx7 Plug in for the S7/8 to be used in a 6 or am I best ot just go to a wire in ECU?

Hi, both RX7 plug-in ECUs run the same top-board, the difference is in the bottom board. The S7-8 plug-in has received an update, and so has a lot more available on the expansion connectors.

There is not patch harness available, so if you need more inputs and outputs than the S6 plug-in can provide then you would be best with a wire-in ECU.

Hi, both RX7 plug-in ECUs run the same top-board, the difference is in the bottom board. The S7-8 plug-in has received an update, and so has a lot more available on the expansion connectors.

There is not patch harness available, so if you need more inputs and outputs than the S6 plug-in can provide then you would be best with a wire-in ECU.

Is the S6 going to get an update in the near future?

i.e should I hold out or just go with the wire in