Two-stroke

Håvard Karlsen

Yes, you should download the software and have a play if you haven't done so already:

Capture.png

I know it should work fine if your engine is a standard even 120° firing angle, however if you have one of those odd engines where one piston comes up as two go down you might have to get creative with the configuration and wiring.

Yes, you should download the software and have a play if you haven't done so already:

Capture.png

I know it should work fine if your engine is a standard even 120° firing angle, however if you have one of those odd engines where one piston comes up as two go down you might have to get creative with the configuration and wiring.

Thank you! :)

I'm not sure what the 1000 has for triggering but it can work with the AC 800 engine triggering and the 1100T engine triggering.

The 1100 has a 36-1 trigger with cam pulse for sync.

How small can i get a trigger wheel? Will it not work with the stock pick-up? ( Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000)

We just have them made to suit what we need,

Can you send us a pic of your crank pick up and triggering?

Edited by race jase
spelling

Looking at your pic

Your mag has 3 spaced pickups (magnets) at every 120 deg your stock ecu can work out tdc from this but the link can not

You have the same problem we had so there was a couple of options, either add another sensor somewhere on the engine so you can run a trigger and home sensors so the link knows when a tdc event is or the way i went is making a multitooth/missing trigger wheel this worked for us no problem on our tripples.

Jase

Looking at your pic

Your mag has 3 spaced pickups (magnets) at every 120 deg your stock ecu can work out tdc from this but the link can not

You have the same problem we had so there was a couple of options, either add another sensor somewhere on the engine so you can run a trigger and home sensors so the link knows when a tdc event is or the way i went is making a multitooth/missing trigger wheel this worked for us no problem on our tripples.

Jase

how does link work out tdc? Must the missing tooth be at cyl-1 tdc?

The number of teeth (including missing) must divide evenly into 360 degrees, For example a tooth count of 6, 8, 9, 10, or 12 would be ok, but 7 or 11 would not.

The distance between teeth will be defined by the number of teeth, they must all be evenly spaced (including missing teeth).

The teeth need to be big enough that the sensor is able to register a sufficient amount of amplitude when the tooth goes past the sensor. This is also reliant on the speed of rotation, gap between teeth and sensor, and the sensor used.

Perhaps race jase will be able to share some info on the one he had made.

Looking at your pic

Jase

Hi Jase,

I am going to help Håvard making this wheel. How many teeth did you end up with? 6-1?

Thanks

Ben Stian

Hi we use them on our 2 stroke jetski engines

The tripples are yamaha 1100 and 1200 engines

image.jpeg

We also use the same thing on our twin cylinder seadoo fuel injected 2 strokes

All i did was machined the trigger magnets from the outside of my mag then had a friend draw up what i needed via cad and had it water cut out.I had it rolled to the diameter of the mag and tacked it all together these work well to our rev limit of 7500-8000 rpm

Jase